who has replica audi 5 arm rotor alloys

Yolo_8p3

Reaction score
as title says am in the market for some alloys for my sport 2011 i have just upraded all sorts so its time for the wheels next im interested to know whats the oem size that come on the a3`s and has anybody had any issues with them cracking or anything all the help would be appreciated for this noob thanks again :thumbsup:

as title says am in the market for some alloys for my sport 2011 i have just upraded all sorts so its time for the wheels next im interested to know whats the oem size that come on the a3`s and has anybody had any issues with them cracking or anything all the help would be appreciated for this noob thanks again :thumbsup:

OEM WHEELS 18inx7.5J ET54

i`m from manchester and theres a few shops that do replica`s local to me for 18" for 399 without tyres and they give 1 year warranty but the only thing is ive never bought non genuine stuff before so am really hesitant,not sure read a few other forums that they have been fine so i might just take the plunge

They do ship to the UK, email them...I did and was pleasantly surprised. I just haven't got that spare 1k to buy them yet with 2 kids and a misunderstanding fiancee.

Very few of the reps I have seen have the same finish as the OEM ones, can spot most of the reps straight off.

Well my car is nearly ready for the new shoes so will keep you guys informed how I get on still unsure about 18s or 19s

I have replica Rotors sprayed in genuine audi paint to match genuine wheels in 20's and mine are mint, would never know you actualy had 20" wheels on there it drives so good. Only down side is have to watch out for pot holes with the stretched tyres ;)

Reactions: dannyh1991uk
Aha cheers dude, dont think id go as big as 20's though... Maybe 18's to keep it comfortable... Where you get them?
If its not pot holes its speedbumps :(

I had ebay 18" rs6 reps on my passat for years no problems and looked just the same for about £350

Spose replicas cant be too bad then... Load of people on here talk about them cracking and snapping a lot, and then theres others saying theyve been using them for years no problem

I had reps before and snapped 2 of them... Wouldn't touch reps again... I'd rather save my pennies, be patient and wait for the right wheels!!

Hmm might just spray mine for now in that case then hopefully the same satin dark grey as the rotor if you know if thats possible? Might look nice with some red callipers too...
Not too keen on the chunkiness of the sport rims i dont think. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390771450174701

Really wanted it to look something like this but with my own touches lol-
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390771531824211

What is that on that... An ABT kit?

Personally i'm not a fan, not a fan of aftermarket at all.... I'm more a custom OEM guy if thats makes sense! Style the car with all the best parts of the OEM world... Its not cheap but personally its more about getting these parts patiently cheaper than the norm thats part of the thrill for me..

There are some decent 2nd hand OEM wheels kicking about for the cost of new reps.. In my opinion, just bide your time and have a look 1st

Aint too sure tbh its got New Zealand plates on it, just saw it somewhere on google whilst looking for ideas lol front splitter and black grill interested me.
Might give the OEM thing a go towards the end of summer, got dragged into going Ayia Napa which wont be cheap :(

Look into plastidipping if you want a Black grill... Its a very cheap alternative if your on a budget... Cant remember exactly about this, but also look into Seat Leon splitter... Its a more subtle looking splitter than that and might look a bit nicer

Considering a black grill from here- Tuning FK Automotive | ABS Sport Grill for Audi A3 (Typ 8P) Yr. 05-08 | purchase online
Just looked at Seat Leon splitter and it is quite nice, just makes it look a bit sportier than standard. Good call.

Yeah it should do buddy... Dont exactly know how well it'll fit... Might need a small trim or glueing because its aftermarket... Some guys have had no issues... Other guys have had to trim bits... Depends on what 1 you go for.. I've not fit any aftermarket grills like this, so couldnt tell you by experience

Theres some on ebay that show them fitted to A3's, might get that after my insurance renewal and have a bit of money to play with :)
Keep changing mind about the grill, need to research plastidip and how well it lasts in weather and the elements lol

I had plastidip on my car for months... Was ok if applied correctly.. Best applying plastidip in warmer weather or inside if possibe..

You could always go down the route of wrapping the chrome.. Thats what I did, just incase I ever wanna return the car to Standard when selling etc... Yeah it'll prob fit tho with no worries, if anything a slight trim, but easily doable with a stanley knife...

Just watch your fingers tho ;)