Who do you all insure with ? Having trouble getting a quote without a Tracker

Nickyc

Reaction score
As in title really, comparison sites Im getting nowhere with and separate sites are all saying they need a tracker. Who are you all insuring with ?

Whats your best quote so far? Ive not got mine yet but ill try club insurances.

Not had any yet due to no tracker, sixty two year old and 42 year old son. Garaged in essex

Admiral... paying about £400 (no tracker required).

Reactions: Nickyc
Aviva, £180, no tracker

I left Admiral as they don't insure factory options unless you list them all and then the price is 10-20x the starting quote... Aviva do new car replacement according to the invoiced options for the first 12 months of new cars, so my GAP insurance from 123GAP is deferred to start at year 2 as well.

Reactions: RYuill
Thats odd Aviva wouldnt quote due to no tracker. £180 for an RS3 ?

Yea I was shocked! But the paperwork had the right car and people on it when it came through so it must be right!

I tried aviva again, and they had 3 rs3's listed, the others quoted but when I chose the NAV one which is what ours is listed as, it didnt quote

Odd. I did mine on the phone with them as I already had a policy and moved my old car off and this one on. Seems a glitch that it would not quote just because of sat nav (especially as all newer RS3s have it standard so it's not like it's a major thing thieves would target).

Aviva, £180, no tracker

I left Admiral as they don't insure factory options unless you list them all and then the price is 10-20x the starting quote... Aviva do new car replacement according to the invoiced options for the first 12 months of new cars, so my GAP insurance from 123GAP is deferred to start at year 2 as well.

Are you sure Admiral don't cover factory options without list them all? It seems pretty unlikely, they did not say anything to me and I can't find mention of it in my policy.

Last edited:
Yes, very sure. I had a number of long conversations with them about it, and lost a lot of money on a written off 11 month old BMW 135i with every option on it. They have all the options on the computer for all cars, for example Mini's have the 'Chilli Pack' aka climate control and Bluetooth, mentioning the car had this option doubled the premium! It was a Mini One D and they wanted £700!

They also tried to screw me out of £250 additional premium because of a blowout my Wife had that we reported to them as we were unsure if we would be claiming due to wheel damage or not, in the end we closed the claim as it wasn't worth the hassle/excess, but they said it was a 'rating factor' as it had happened so the next years £350 premium should go up to £600!! I asked if I had to tell them about every flat tire etc that happens, and they said yes or you won't be insured for not disclosing an incident. At that point I left as it was clear they are sneaking money grabbing *******s!

I called Aviva and disclosed all of the above and they were very confused and said even if we opened a claim and closed it then there is no way it would be used as a 'rating factor' to raise the next premium, regardless of the severity of the incident, let alone a blow out!!
I also asked about factory options and they said on a sub 12 month car they replace according to the invoiced options, on a post 12 month car they take them into consideration in the payout (which by that time is not such a big deal as you've lost most of their value anyway). Their quote was equally as competitive so they got my business.

That is pretty weird, I can only comment based on my current policy which does not seem to have this "feature", but I will take a deeper look.

I read my policy and it makes no mention of it, but I spent weeks arguing with them about having to pay market value and if they wanted to declare factory options they should ask clearly on the phone/website quote. Especially as they ask for the cars value which I put as the invoiced value I paid, so they knew what value they were insuring...
It was post the BMW claim I found out about the Mini example as I wasn't going to get stung again!

I suggest you call them and ask! Though I wouldn't be surprised if they told you a different story based on my experience of dealing with them.

Thanks for the "heads up" and worth bearing in mind as Insurance companies will always look for ways to squeeze the payout if poss, I have a return to invoice/replace GAP policy so I am covered either way. There are some pretty decent GAP policy companies out there these days like ALA and they offer the option to role the policy over to your next car ... just as well for me as I have purchased 4 Audis in the last 2 years.

Yea, I obviously wish I had GAP on the BMW! I have it now on all my new cars since. But the sneaky nature of their 'rating factor' policy really got me on top of the claim debacle.

Yea, I obviously wish I had GAP on the BMW! I have it now on all my new cars since. But the sneaky nature of their 'rating factor' policy really got me on top of the claim debacle.

Defiantly agree on that one, had a no fault accident on the M62 last year in my S3 (got rear ended in standing traffic) and now when I get quotes I have to disclose all of that but at least I got a letter back from my insurer at the time that showed as no fault and that the 3rd party were paying ... still a PITA.

The really weird this this year on my renewal was that I got 4 different quotes from 4 different comparison sites and Admiral were the cheapest on all 4 ... but the price between the top quote and the one I accepted was £400!

Admiral are nearly always cheapest for me too, and as you say, always worth shopping around the comparison sites, and going direct to the top 3 as well - it's all black magic the numbers they come up with I'm sure!

RS3, S3 and S5 all with admiral multi car. I'm a long way on the right side of 25 though!

TX.

500 elephant s3 no tracker! im male 24

~£750 for me with elephant; no tracker, 26yrs old, clean licence and stored on driveway overnight. I thought that was reasonable.

LV want £250 including protected bonus, business use, foreign cover, legal.. but need a tracker!
I was 59 this year.

£595 elephant S3. 22 Male.

My RS3 quote was about £780

With Admiral mines £650, and ive got a Manchester postcode which f#@ks my insurance up everytime! So im over the moon! Everyone else was quoting around £1300. Even got a £9k quote!

Do not select the NAV option listed. This is a recent addition to listings and not all companies have this listed, so this will restrict the quotes you get back to a handful and they will be three times normal quotes. Just select RS3 2.5L (2015-) from the list.

Just stuck one through for me 31 and best is 1st choice at 310 with protected no claims

Will try a viva and lots others closer to time as couple months ago I was being quoted 260

Do you find it better to get a quote with a number plate from auto trader or by searching for the car manually?

1st Central.
38 yo
10 years NCB protected
6 points (2x SP30)
A rated postcode
67k value, 12k miles PA
315GBP PA - 150xs

Aviva, £180, no tracker

Thats odd Aviva wouldnt quote due to no tracker. £180 for an RS3 ?

It is very odd NickyC especially according to their website and thats for standard cover , i presume a squeaky clean licence ,no accidents ,group A car and postcode car secured in a locked garage ,max no claims discount ............
Car insurance
Our 5 Star car insurance from £187 – 10% paid this for standard cover *
http://www.aviva.co.uk/car/?source=...gclid=CKqpmI2x98kCFYOfGwodvJ8J5w&gclsrc=aw.ds

It is very odd NickyC especially according to their website and thats for standard cover , i presume a squeaky clean licence ,no accidents ,group A car and postcode car secured in a locked garage ,max no claims discount ............
Car insurance
Our 5 Star car insurance from £187 – 10% paid this for standard cover *
http://www.aviva.co.uk/car/?source=...gclid=CKqpmI2x98kCFYOfGwodvJ8J5w&gclsrc=aw.ds

So I assume someone is telling porky pies then ?
Mind you it doesn't surprise me at all.......

£180 for a year........ Pull the other one it's got bells on

Reactions: RGBARGEE and DAYTONA 500

"Bells on" well it is Christmas after all.:scared2:

I'm just as surprised. I was expecting around £300. But that's what they quoted on the phone, I had them double check all the details at the time and I've checked the paperwork carefully when it arrived...
Just luck I guess. But it is a clean license, 11 yrs NCB (they allowed me to use my Wife's for some reason when I swapped to them over a year ago), and a good (A rated) postcode.

I'm just as surprised. I was expecting around £300. But that's what they quoted on the phone, I had them double check all the details at the time and I've checked the paperwork carefully when it arrived...
Just luck I guess. But it is a clean license, 11 yrs NCB (they allowed me to use my Wife's for some reason when I swapped to them over a year ago), and a good (A rated) postcode.

So are they aware of the BMW total loss?

Yep. I should be paying a lot more. The only catch was the NCB was not protected for the first year as I'd shared it from the Mrs.

At that price i bet its it costs £18 to insure your Hyundai i10 Premium SE.:yum:

Reactions: T-800