Who collects on 1st March 14?

Got mine earlier today. Couldn't believe it..couldnt sleep and then overslept this morning. Should have been at the dealer at 0830 but didn't get there until 0945.

Anyway dealer good and slotted me in later at 1030. Car was in showroom...drool

Got a free boot liner..think its the 170 one..defo not the cheap one

Had it 5 mins and some blind muptard in a land rover nearly drove into me because they cant drive in a straight line.

moments later got a problem which sounded like the brakes were permanently engaged.

went back to the dealer and on way some stupid woman driver in a bmw x5 nearly drove into my car stopping cms from my car after hr emergency braking.

I had right go at her. People like her should be imprisoned

got the dealer and prob sorted in 15 mins. It was a sound deadening trim rubbing on one of the rear tyres. Agreed they could cut it away. They've ordered a new one which will be fiyted next week. Credit goes to the mechanics at audi for their mega speedy diagnosis and resolution

finally got back on the road. Took patient son to McDonald's. .first this year lol.

had to cancel car camera install and now booked for next week

friends and famiky ciukdnt believe I took my car and parked it at eading madstad for the royals yoevil game but my attitude is my car is to be used and sit in the safety if my driveway

Had a spin after rhe game....car us fantastic...tried to keep revs below 4000rpm and agree with others thus us difficult with tge stronic..didnt go over 75mph either lol

Parking was laughable...1st auto so like a grandad

So many functions but luckily had my 13 year old son with me...he sussed the pano roof

Absolutely hate the start stop. What idiit decided that wad a goid idea..they do live in the real world. I actually think its dangeroud

Led lights are awesome

B and o sound system is quite good..not a patch on my hertz alpine system in my peugeot 307...but as a 750 option its well worth it

Reactions: PilotAudi
Picked my car up this morning, all I can say is what a car !!!!........few photos only taken with a iphone, even one of my Audi branded coffee!!!!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Reactions: T-800, Me21, Snake Pliskin and 6 others
Reactions: Danner3342
Love the coffee art! Car looks great too!

So should I keep my car running below 2k revs tomorrow when I collect? Very confusing as I don't want to damage the engine 😒

Picked up today. Thanks to all forum members who have helped me decide on my spec!

Reactions: warren_S5, Baldyone, vakaviti and 2 others
Got it, drove it, love it. Dribbled on a couple of S3's being collected at the same time and will test drive one when I'm ready in a few years but I'm certainly happy with my 2.0tdi. Everything I remember from the test drive, a classy premium feel car I'm already in love with......simply sublime, I'll tell you more when I'm not so tired and I've got a few decent drives in.

Reactions: Louay and lloydie1994
I forgot to take pics of the other s3's at derby waiting to go out yesterday but I did see

2 red 14 plate s3 SB
1 estoril s3 SB (with colour coded wing mirrors and black pack, why would you???)
1 glacier white s3 SB with black pack

My car was just being finished off when I got there and was parked next to a 14 TTRS in Misano. Reg no RS14 JAN. Nice.

I do like the guys at Derby. Sam has pulled out all the stops for me and has done everything I've asked. They kept the car clean and tidy while it has been waiting there for 6 weeks, threw in some rubber mats, selection of ami cables, a decent leather audi keyring, full tank of fuel too.

We had a lovely day yesterday.

After we faffed about for a few minutes putting an sd card (pre prepared) in for music, found our Three sim for the connected system and then sorted the nav we set off.

Straight up to bakewell and then Buxton, Macclesfield and over the cat and fiddle. Then a quick stop at Jodrell Bank for some photos and On to Chester. Then continued on to Llandudno where we've been parked up since then. (On the road outside our hotel, hope it's ok!?).

Plan today is to get on some serious driving roads. Bala, Evo triangle, horseshoe etc and then possibly further down if we have time.

Today will be where we really start to fall in love with it I think.

Yesterday was great in that it showed us what a mile muncher it can be when using all the toys (ACC is incredible) but today is when the paddles come out to play.

Reactions: J6YAK, DAYTONA 500 and Baldyone
Kempysue collected a black on black 3dr S3 - pics in the other s3 thread

That moment after just waking, walking down stairs to stick the kettle on. Nudging the blind to check the weather and seeing your gleaming Audi sitting poised on your driveway. Mega grin spread across my face and it's still there now an hour later :)

Reactions: T-800, Sandra, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
That is waking ok, the mind can play a trick reading that post (or possibly that's just mine) lol

Last edited:
So should I keep my car running below 2k revs tomorrow when I collect? Very confusing as I don't want to damage the engine 😒

So I'm on the way to the dealer now 😃😃 can anyone help me with my query please?

Keep the revs within two thirds of the maximum rev range, and don't use more than two thirds full throttle. Generally just take it steady and you'll be fine! Oh and enjoy it! :)

Or just don't worry about it too much but have a bit of mechanical sympathy?

It does have a warranty for 3 or more years

Just rev it and rev it hard...obviously after oil has warmed up.

So I'm on the way to the dealer now 😃😃 can anyone help me with my query please?
I was just told to drive normal. Turns out that is 2/3rd of the rev range so sounds perfect to me. Hard to resist the fun bit though but I'm sure worth it

I was just told to drive normal. Turns out that is 2/3rd of the rev range so sounds perfect to me. Hard to resist the fun bit though but I'm sure worth it

Here now soooo excited!!! Sorry to sound stupid but what does 2/3 mean? How far can I take it on the rev counter and how far down can I press the throttle? 😄

4488 rpm

at 4489 it will self destruct.

Reactions: Oily Audi, Baldyone, Conor_B and 4 others
I guess I am not your average Audi buyer who generally seem to go for darker colours. Here's something bright, lol! Love it

S3v42014  03 03 056 edited2014  03 03 042 edited

Attachments

• 2014  03 03 042 edited.jpg
    2014 03 03 042 edited.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Reactions: rams_s3, Snake Pliskin, Toadoftoadhall and 10 others
Lol afraid dont make me laugh! 3ds just seem very scarce atm! Id love to be the only 14 plate hb, just seems most people on here have sb.

Lol afraid dont make me laugh! 3ds just seem very scarce atm! Id love to be the only 14 plate hb, just seems most people on here have sb.

I'll be picking my 184PS Hatchback up on Friday pal so there'll be two of us anyway. Set the trend, don't follow them! Hehe

Reactions: warren_S5 and lloydie1994
gazz when do you get your s3 with unique colour? What blue was it again?

guess your must be the only s3 with special paint. makes yours truly special

Picking up my 3dr on Tuesday, they do seem rarer at the mo.

Reactions: lloydie1994
Picking up my 3dr on Tuesday, they do seem rarer at the mo.

Love the look of the 3 door but as with Golfs and Audis the RV is usually higher on a 5 door. In our case the 5dr was necessary for 2 reasons.. 1 old parents and. 2 roof bars for frequent French trips. The 3 door looks great in 8v unlike the. 8p where it just never looked quite as good as an 8 p Sportback IMHO .

Reactions: lloydie1994
Love the look of the 3 door but as with Golfs and Audis the RV is usually higher on a 5 door. In our case the 5dr was necessary for 2 reasons.. 1 old parents and. 2 roof bars for frequent French trips. The 3 door looks great in 8v unlike the. 8p where it just never looked quite as good as an 8 p Sportback IMHO .

I agree, I never fancied the old model in 3dr.
In 3 years, I have had 1 person in the back seats so It was an easy choice to go for the 3dr. This S3 is purely for me.

Steve, wish I knew when it was arriving! Hoping it was on the boat that came into Sheerness last night, but time will tell!!

I picked up my 3 door on saturday, Sport COD for me :D

Reactions: royalsteve68, Lmg, warren_S5 and 1 other person
I picked up my 3 door on saturday, Sport COD for me :D

Colour looks good on a 3 door -- Bet you can not drive far with those plates before being pulled by police!!!!!!!!!! I use to love red cars.

Thats looks awesome with the privacy glass, totally agree pilot in regards to the 8p and 8v, was so glad i held off buying an 8p.

Reactions: PilotAudi and MA3RC