Who collects on 1st March 14?

Hopefully it has arrived now! It probably has arrived in the UK since build week 8 cars are arriving!

It should be, but I trusted my dealer to on top of it. They're not the ones praying for their cars to arrive though I suppose!!! This has been the longest wait for anything in my life.

I'm getting on the blower 1st thing tomorrow.

It should be, but I trusted my dealer to on top of it. They're not the ones praying for their cars to arrive though I suppose!!! This has been the longest wait for anything in my life.

I'm getting on the blower 1st thing tomorrow.
when did you order? Believe it or not I ordered on February 16th and its an excruciating wait! The order was a previously cancelled one, thats how im getting it so soon! I do hope you get your car very soon! Enjoy it!

when did you order? Believe it or not I ordered on February 16th and its an excruciating wait! The order was a previously cancelled one, thats how im getting it so soon! I do hope you get your car very soon! Enjoy it!

9th of December! Pretty standard lead in time. You did well to get a previously cancelled order, that helps with this horrible waiting.

Thanks, I will when I get it.

Reactions: rajeevx5
Chatting to a dealer this morning.

He said there was a backlog at the ports, there aren't enough car transporters in the UK at the moment to clear the backlog at the ports!

That makes a lot of sense. Mine was due to the dealer Friday but still hasn't arrived. Could have turned up today but I'd expect them to let me know and I've had no update as yet. I've not been told Saturday may now be a problem and there's still two days to go. My paper work is almost complete and I have a reg number but it wouldn't shock me if I get that call.

More waiting lol. New advertising slogan 'vursprongwhatsymacallit.....eventually!

I was hoping to hand over my A5 over this Friday and pick mine up on the Saturday morning but no such luck as the German efficiency machine stop once the car lands at sheerness. I will be the 8 th of March now ;(

Probably a stupid question but is saturday the day that assigned registrations will show up on the DVLA, cant change my car insurance atm as the car doesn't exist.

Registrations should already have been assigned by the dealer.

Use the free 7 day Audi Insurance. It ideal for these situations.
One phone call.

That's what I'm doing. 7 day cover arranged from 1st march, then during next week I'll swap my own cover on to it.

Reactions: veeeight
Typical! Takes Audi 3 days to get a car from the end of the production line to a UK port, and then it takes 12 days to get the car from the port to a dealer less than 100 miles away... That's British efficiency for you...

Reactions: h5djr
Typical! Takes Audi 3 days to get a car from the end of the production line to a UK port, and then it takes 12 days to get the car from the port to a dealer less than 100 miles away... That's British efficiency for you...

You'd have thought this sort of thing would have been planned out! March 1st isn't a shock date that's just come along and surprised everyone. Keep positive gents, the dealers may have things arranged that we don't know about.

A quick thought - how about a new car collection blog for this weekend?

Quite a few of us have a trip planned somewhere straight off from collection and I for one would be more than happy to write a bit of a blog on our road trip weekend to Wales, taking about the car and scenery. Might even see if I can throw in some photos.

Anyone else up for this?

Reactions: PilotAudi
2828 minutes.... It's a slow day

Lol! If it makes you feel any better I have to wait till Monday 3rd for mine and it is killing me! So how many minutes is it for me ItGuy? (keep you busy for the next 30 seconds haha).

To try and make this week go faster I oredered a load of items to keep me busy but I made the mistake of not ordering enough. Last delivery (snowfoam lance) came yesterday..what the heck am I going to do for the next 3 days! Arrrrrgh! :scared2:

p.s. Hi all! I've been stalking the site since 2009. A great forum with some great people. Thank you very much for the entertainment! :thumbsup:

I'm going to eat my desk out of frustration! Munch munch munch!!!

Reactions: Itguy and PilotAudi
How is that political, it is a statement of fact surely. There are no regulations as far as I am aware surrounding the responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of cars from UK ports to dealers. Take a look at EU employee relations/employment law vs UK and you will understand why Germany have such an effective car industry. Management and Employees work in partnership! Anarch help me!!

I don't think that regulating every possible sector is the way to go...

I'm under impression that vast majority of Audi buyers don't exert enough pressure on Audi dealerships - they will sit and wait for a call from their dealer, not questioning why does it take a month to get their car across the channel.

I don't think that regulating every possible sector is the way to go...

I'm under impression that vast majority of Audi buyers don't exert enough pressure on Audi dealerships - they will sit and wait for a call from their dealer, not questioning why does it take a month to get their car across the channel.

It not usually 'the channel' that is the problem. At this time of year ships are arriving at the three UK ports almost every day from Emden. The problem is getting the cars from the UK port to the dealers which can seem to take forever. The answer is not to order a car for delivery on 1 March or 1 September. That way everything is much quieter and it takes less time.

My current A3 took 13 days from actual build date to arriving at the UK port and a further 7 days to get to the dealer. I only hope the 8V I have on order at the moment is a quick.

Mine was build week 7 and I've heard nothing. It was still in Germany on Thursday!! Dealer assures me he will ring me the minute it arrives in this country, so it obviously doesn't look good for me!! Gutted as I'm away on the 4th, so couldn't pick it up till 11th if not here by then!

Mine is also week 7 and last I heard (Tuesday) it was still in Germany :-(

Lol! If it makes you feel any better I have to wait till Monday 3rd for mine and it is killing me! So how many minutes is it for me ItGuy? (keep you busy for the next 30 seconds haha).

To try and make this week go faster I oredered a load of items to keep me busy but I made the mistake of not ordering enough. Last delivery (snowfoam lance) came yesterday..what the heck am I going to do for the next 3 days! Arrrrrgh! :scared2:

p.s. Hi all! I've been stalking the site since 2009. A great forum with some great people. Thank you very much for the entertainment! :thumbsup:

Assuming 9am collection 5544 mins :)

If you have an iPhone download "reminder free"!

Reactions: Cloud Guy
Just been to pay and sign the paperwork. Had a look at it today and so happy with my choice. All the pictures don't do it justice and in the flesh it's lovely. One more day before I can drive her!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393507644521954ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393507656553629

Reactions: Itguy
Just been to pay and sign the paperwork. Had a look at it today and so happy with my choice. All the pictures don't do it justice and in the flesh it's lovely. One more day before I can drive her!

View attachment 28503View attachment 28504

Looking good!

Incidentally, it seems like us A3/S3 types are the only people getting excited about 1st March, all the other forums on AS.net are not saying anything

It may well be here now, I bet its been delivered by the same snail as mine!!! Blo*dy frustrating isn't it?

Just a bit!! I've emailed my salesman for an update - we'll see what he says. My worry is that if it isn't in Sheerness yet, that it's been damaged in transit and is being repaired. Hopefully it's just lack of communication from the dealership though!

Very nice, by the way what colour is that?

Daytona Grey, Roof Rails, Sline 1.4 COD, Comfort Pack, HHA, SD Sat Nav, Audi Sound :D

Ill upload the same pictures higher resolution in a min.

Photo 1Photo 2

Last edited: