Who collects on 1st March 14?

A sister car, all ready and waiting !!!

ZCDEYn3.jpg

Reactions: royalsteve68, Snake Pliskin, PilotAudi and 1 other person
Marine shipping app now downloaded on my iPhone. I'm quite relaxed and it gets here when it gets here now (as long as it's early March lol) but this apps great fun. Currently stalking all named ships into Emden.

The full list of ships to look out for leaving Emden is:
African Highway - not sure
Schelde Highway - 750 cars
Wasser Highway - 750
EMS Highway - 850
Isar Highway - 850
Neckar Highway - 850
Main Highway - 850
Elbe Highway - 1600
Seine Highway - 1600
Thames Highway - 1600
all named after rivers....

Together with
Viking Constanz - 1500
Viking Odessa - 1500

It generally takes around 22 hours from Emden to the UK port. I started researching the ships used, where they left from and where and when they arrived when I bought my current 8P back in March 2012. I even went out to Grimsby for the day and watched a couple of the ships coming in to Grimsby harbour. That was quite fun because the ship come forwards in the harbour and then does a 180 degree turn in a relatively narrow channel so that it can have it's rear doors against the end of the dock for unloading. I have some photos so if any other 'nerd' wants to see what happens send me a PM with your email address and I will send you copies.

Reactions: Baldyone
The full list of ships to look out for leaving Emden is:
African Highway - not sure
Schelde Highway - 750 cars
Wasser Highway - 750
EMS Highway - 850
Isar Highway - 850
Neckar Highway - 850
Main Highway - 850
Elbe Highway - 1600
Seine Highway - 1600
Thames Highway - 1600
all named after rivers....

Together with
Viking Constanz - 1500
Viking Odessa - 1500

It generally takes around 22 hours from Emden to the UK port. I started researching the ships used, where they left from and where and when they arrived when I bought my current 8P back in March 2012. I even went out to Grimsby for the day and watched a couple of the ships coming in to Grimsby harbour. That was quite fun because the ship come forwards in the harbour and then does a 180 degree turn in a relatively narrow channel so that it can have it's rear doors against the end of the dock for unloading. I have some photos so if any other 'nerd' wants to see what happens send me a PM with your email address and I will send you copies.

My car came across from Emden to Tyne on the 'City of Paris', I also know that the 'City of Rome' carries Audis from Emden to Tyne aswell.

My car came across from Emden to Tyne on the 'City of Paris', I also know that the 'City of Rome' carries Audis from Emden to Tyne aswell.

Two more ships to add to the list...

City of Paris is actually docked in Tyne at the moment, so another load of cars for you guys in the North and Scotland.

Two more ships to add to the list...

City of Paris is actually docked in Tyne at the moment, so another load of cars for you guys in the North and Scotland.

which app is this info on?

which app is this info on?

All the information comes from a website: Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic

You can choose ports and ships by name and find out their current location and see the position on a map.

If you register as a member, which does not cost anything, you can also save up to nine ships to 'My fleet' which makes them easier to find. Also if you do this you can get emails about the Arrivals and Departures related to the ships in 'My fleet'.

^ Haha, no it's not mine, its just a random snap from a Golf forum.
The car is sitting at the dealership, having been PDI'd.

Just to keep things up to date, another ship, City of Sunderland arrive in TYNE from Emden yesterday evening with another load of cars for the North and Scotland. Yours may be one of them.

Not nicking your role here h5Djr but Viking Constanza just left Emden for Sheerness

Hopefully no Titanic moments for all you 'boat spotters'.

Reactions: lloydie1994 and Baldyone
Not nicking your role here h5Djr but Viking Constanza just left Emden for Sheerness

Feel free. Because I'm registered with the Marine Traffic website I can set up my own fleet but as it's a free registration it only allows nine ships. For those nine ships I get an automatic email whenever the leave or arrive at a port. So I have all the Highway ships in "My fleet" but none of the others.

When I get some emails it says one of the "Highways" has just arrive at some port that I've never heard of. It's then I go to Google Maps and type in the name to find out where it is. They certainly travel around a bit delivering Volkswagen Group cars all over the place.

Don't even joke about it lol. 4months of waiting for it to end up under the sea!!! My first concern would of course be for the crew but the car would be a very close second

Feel free. Because I'm registered with the Marine Traffic website I can set up my own fleet but as it's a free registration it only allows nine ships. For those nine ships I get an automatic email whenever the leave or arrive at a port. So I have all the Highway ships in "My fleet" but none of the others.

When I get some emails it says one of the "Highways" has just arrive at some port that I've never heard of. It's then I go to Google Maps and type in the name to find out where it is. They certainly travel around a bit delivering Volkswagen Group cars all over the place.

I've taken your lead and done exactly the same watching the ship names you gave in an earlier post. The magic of the Internet eh

Don't even joke about it lol. 4months of waiting for it to end up under the sea!!! My first concern would of course be for the crew but the car would be a very close second

If I remember correctly some years ago a ship with 2,800 BMWs sank in the English Channel off Ramsgate.

will be watching very closely for ships this week, especially as my car is built this week!

Don't get too excited - You may be a bit early. Remember it still has to be built and then go by special train from Ingolstadt to Emden. It then has to be driven on to a ship. It may not be made until Friday! I would think next week or the following week would be more likely. I assume as you are in Cornwall your car will be coming in to Sheerness assuming you are using a local dealer.

Well changing tack a bit, got my new thule wingbars delivered today ready for my new S3. Nice bits of kit.

Also got my chrome ringed 12v socket plug ready too.

Anyone else been buying things ready for 1st March?

I got the smarter 12v socket plug too - as well as new pressure washer and snow foam lance etc. But my main efforts have gone into trying to finish off my self build new detached garage especially made for my new wheels !

Darned weather hasn't helped but although it won't be all fully appointed in time - I am on track to be able to get my new car inside and protected from the elements :)

It takes quite a while to go from the factory onto a ship, mine was about 2 weeks I think from build date to getting on a ship over here!

Mine was about a week from end of its build week to Emden docks - then very quickly over to Sheerness but unless there has been an update today it's still at Sheerness waiting to head south west. Still on track for very early March collection though.

I've got a message from my dealer - our car (build wk 6) is currently waiting in Emden and it might take 2-3 weeks before it gets here :/

Dealer said it should be here ready to collect on 3rd march his words. - Taken with a pinch of salt :D

Last edited:
Just had an update from the dealership, S3 is in the UK. The first few days of March for collection looks like a possibility now :yum:

Reactions: PilotAudi
Nonsense.
Minimal to no difference.
Order of importance as follows (most important at top):

Year
Mileage
Condition
Colour
Options
Plate

It's worth so little after three years that it's not even worth waiting 2 weeks for.
And any minimal difference it might make can be removed by lower mileage, better condition.

not true, the plate will have a bigger impact than you think.

picking mine up on 1st march and its going straight to a car hifi place to have my blackvue car camera plumbed i....old age is making me lazy I know as I installed it myself in my current car

Another load of cars on their way to Grimsby on Schelde Highway. ETA 18:15 on the 18th.

I've got a message from my dealer - our car (build wk 6) is currently waiting in Emden and it might take 2-3 weeks before it gets here :/

I was build wk 6 and mine is sat in the port, arrived safely Sunday on the City of Sunderland.

Dealer rang me today my car build wk 6 is still in Emden - probably be here beginning of March

Reactions: Anarch
ISAR HIGHWAY has just left Emden with another load of cars bound for Grimsby. ETA Grimsby 18:45 19/2.

I've just been down my dealership to sign all the finance off and there was a little surprise waiting for me :D EXCITED isn't the word! They let me start her up but wouldn't allow me to have a cheeky drive :yahoo:

Reactions: Itguy, PilotAudi and Baldyone
Just had it confirmed my Car will be with the dealer Friday, booked to go in and sort the paperwork then quick collection on the 1st at 08:30 with another 40 ish 14 plate shiny new Audi's

I'm going in on the 24th to sign my paperwork and stuff. Going to see if I can blag a quick drive of their new s3 demo too

Sneaked a quick look at mine on Sunday. It was in the undercover storage area and the guy backed it out for a closer look. Has had all of the transport protection removed and been prepped but as its indoors I don't have such a problem (would be annoyed if it was outdoors!).

Couldn't wait to see the car but kind of wished I had just waited until 1 March as I've sort of ruined the surprise!

You've done the right thing. What if you'd waited until the 1st then found the car had something wrong like the wrong options fitted, then you'd have had an unpleasant surprise.