Who collects on 1st March 14?

Truro Audi do, and they have a master tech too.

Audi City have 3 in the showroom,that was this morning,two yellow ,one red i am sure it rad quarto V10. All SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub:

The ship Schelde Highway is due in to Grimsby this evening from Emden and the Isar Highway is due in tomorrow.

Reactions: Kempysue
That's how I understand it too, my dealer is Epsom and they confirmed Sheerness, the other car we bought was from Merthyr Tydfil and that was Sheerness too. Interestingly though, I'm sure PilotAudi stated somewhere that he is in Bristol was expecting his to come through Grimsby. Is that true Pilot?

That's correct. Trying to see what boats are leaving/arriving but not sure what to look for.. anyone got any clues on what ships Audi use Emden to Grimsby?

I was looking to pick up 1st March as my dealer believes it will be ready by then (build week 6).

That maybe a problem after last night as I now have a weekend in London for the Capital Cup Final.

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks
The Schelde Highway has just left Emden due into Grimsby tomorrow. 881 hours to go!!

I'd rather have a new car than go to a Football match anyday!!

Reactions: Anarch
The Schelde Highway has just left Emden due into Grimsby tomorrow. 881 hours to go!!

I'd rather have a new car than go to a Football match anyday!!

I can pick the car up when I get back. I haven't seen Sunderland play at Wembley since 1992, if that trend continues I will have had plenty of chances to pick up a new car!

Reactions: the_lecht_rocks and Leeber
To be further off topic, why on earth Brighton did that to Gus Poyet god knows but they must be regretting it now...

Put my order in to our fleet managers on Tuesday of this week. Been told build will start in three weeks and delivery due on 19th March.
Rather surprised as the fleet team told me they had ordered an S3 i December (9th) and delivery on that was expected in May(!).
Still got a few months to run on the existing lease, so I hope they are understanding and accept an early return :sm4:

Put my order in to our fleet managers on Tuesday of this week. Been told build will start in three weeks and delivery due on 19th March.
Rather surprised as the fleet team told me they had ordered an S3 i December (9th) and delivery on that was expected in May(!).
Still got a few months to run on the existing lease, so I hope they are understanding and accept an early return :sm4:

Must have been lucky and got a pre order slot. .

What spec are you getting?

My S3 is build week 5 - next week. I was hoping for a 1st March pick up - but salesman will only commit to "early March". Not a great issue for me either way but it would be nice.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
PilotAudi, spec is:-
AUDI A3 DIESEL SPORTBACK 2.0 TDI SE 5dr
Shiraz red
Marathon cloth - Titanium grey
Cruise control
Non smoking pack
Storage and luggage pack
Colour drivers information system display
Deletion of model plus engine designation at rear
Tyre pressure monitor
Hill hold assist
SD card satellite navigation system
Audi parking system plus plus park assist
Interior light pack
Light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror
Comfort pack
LED light pack

Last company car as the lease on this expires one day before my retirement :sm4:

My S3 is build week 5 - next week. I was hoping for a 1st March pick up - but salesman will only commit to "early March". Not a great issue for me either way but it would be nice.

Well mine was week. 4 and I believe it arrives in Grimsby tomorrow. Hope you are just a week behind!

With my build week 6 the dealer today quoted me a week 10 delivery so would be a fair chance you should get 1st march pick up on that basis. I guess they try and manage expectations as much as possible - nothing worse than being told there will be a delay

Build week 5 is this Monday!

I'm picking mine up on the 5th march. its a showroom car with zero mileage but chose to wait til then. through work committments and plus to get the 14 reg.

I'm picking mine up on the 5th march. its a showroom car with zero mileage but chose to wait til then. through work committments and plus to get the 14 reg.

Make sure all the bits are still on it and the seats aren't knackered. I would be very wary of having a showroom car unless there was a huge discount!

Make sure all the bits are still on it and the seats aren't knackered. I would be very wary of having a showroom car unless there was a huge discount!
the car was taken out of the showroom and put into safe storage. I assume your meaning parts maybe swapped around if this is the case ( which I doubt) as i've bought 5 cars from this dealer over the years. I would reject it.... simples.
as for the discount lets say as a returning customer I did alright.

Is it possible for the dealer to remove the sound system and downgrade it without knowing. i.e. They may remind the audi s.s speakers or B&O and replace with basic ones?

Is it possible for the dealer to remove the sound system and downgrade it without knowing. i.e. They may remind the audi s.s speakers or B&O and replace with basic ones?
we're talking about an audi dealership here not some back street dealer they would get so much grief if they tried doing something like this they could lose their franchise, don't forget the B&O system is a paid for extra.

the car was taken out of the showroom and put into safe storage. I assume your meaning parts maybe swapped around if this is the case ( which I doubt) as i've bought 5 cars from this dealer over the years. I would reject it.... simples.
as for the discount lets say as a returning customer I did alright.

Showroom car was the term used . Many of these get poked and prodded and bits stolen or damaged. I wouldn't want one from choice .

Showroom car was the term used . Many of these get poked and prodded and bits stolen or damaged. I wouldn't want one from choice .
well we're all different and as I said I do have the option to reject if I'm not happy.plus a good 10 year relationship with the dealership makes for a happy conclusion.bit difficult to prod and poke when its in a locked garage and no difference to ordering a car to be built, it being driven by 3 or 4 different people before it arrives and then kept until the owner is able to collect in the open air car park along with other cars.

Last edited:

What an absolute load of horse shi...!

Where do you live that a prestige dealership is dismantling brand new cars or allowing people to damage the cars in some way?

I have seen showroom cars with a trim bits pinched but it really doesnt matter as they would be replaced by the time you pick it up anyway.

I didnt want to wait for a factory order so will be picking up a demonstrator on Wednesday with all the spec I wanted and more. I got just a fraction under 17% discount so am very happy. Its got a 1000 miles on and is as new.

Some will say its been wragged etc but thats what the warranty is for and it will be gone by the time the warranty expires so I am not worried.

Steve

What an absolute load of horse shi...!

Where do you live that a prestige dealership is dismantling brand new cars or allowing people to damage the cars in some way?

It's not the dealership.. Cars are often left open and all sorts of folks wander in and prod and poke etc.. have heard of cigar lighters, ashtrays, bits of tri, etc disappearing. Also take a look at side bolsters on front seats when they've been on display a while.

Thought I'd be in for this wait - Build week 4 after a ****-up at the dealers (I ordered in June last year!) - but got a call last week. My car's in the country and will be sorting paperwork out a week today for a Friday 7th Feb collection. It's on a three year finance deal so can't be ar*sed to wait as the difference will be neglible :)

Now just need to find a decent detailer to bring the best out of it!

Yeh but I reckon a few weeks ( 32 days ) using other cars available is worth it. Not fussed about having a 14 plate but in our case saving £700 for a short wait is fine.

I ordered 3 door Sport 184PS TDI last Friday and was told by the dealer it goes into production on February 10th and to expect delivery in early to mid March..... Is he being straight with me as others seem to wait much longer??

Normally you'd wait about 4 months but sometimes there may be a cancellation and a space open up you may have gotten lucky!

Normally you'd wait about 4 months but sometimes there may be a cancellation and a space open up you may have gotten lucky!

Thanks.... He did say I was very lucky to be able to get one so quick and that he didn't see them available at such short notice very often. Fingers crossed. Do they update you on the progress of your car very often?

Thanks.... He did say I was very lucky to be able to get one so quick and that he didn't see them available at such short notice very often. Fingers crossed. Do they update you on the progress of your car very often?

You may get updates quicker than others as its being built and delivered so quick, you normally hear from them when theres an update, such as manufacturing, delivery, PDI etc.

Reactions: Migwire
I did ask to add xenons to it on Friday and he said it was now too late to change the spec and reiterated the 10/02 as the date of production.