Who collects on 1st March 14?

Yeah I know. R8 test drive was a birthday treat as it's her dream car. We could have got an early v8 coupe but not really a daily runner.

Haha fair enough. Did they know you weren't going to buy? I was gonna ask if I could go for a quick test drive in the R8 but wasn't sure if they would tell me where to go...

Yeah they knew. Sam arranged it for Sarah (my wife) as a great. He knows he'll get an A1 185 or S1 sale in due course to complement the s3.

Boy that escalated 42jet3

Reactions: Dazzaiki and Baldyone
Dont even think Plymouth has ever had an R8 in! Just had another look over everything and dependent on delivery should be able to collect around the 10th March instead of 24th, with a build week 8! :yahoo:

Last time I checked you don't have to be best mates with the dealer before you can test drive a car....? Although who knows what goes on on your planet...

If you get to know them a weekend may be possible (but only only on my planet!!)

I can't believe the number of people here ordering brand new cars... Tbh i don't get the point buying brand new? How much are you guys paying monthly basis?

I can't believe the number of people here ordering brand new cars... Tbh i don't get the point buying brand new? How much are you guys paying monthly basis?

If we don't buy new now there ain't any second hands available when you want one..! ;) you should be thanking us!!

Reactions: Anarch
Farzad, I alway thought the same and that new was mad. A lot depends on your personal circumstances doesn't it. I've always been a ford driver and purchased off the forecourt at a year or two old. Take a personal loan, pay it over a few years and then I'd change the car so I haven't kept one for longer than 3 years for my last 3 cars. Ford depreciate like a droping stone so to buy a nearly new as I do (did) doesn't only cost you your payment but also the loss on the car when you sell it. All things taken into consideration this Audi will probably be cheaper or at least no dearer than the way I have been doing it for years. It's cost per month x term + depreciation loss = true cost and Audi being a premium brand with plenty of people prepared to pay good money for my 3 year old car actually makes it a very viable and cost effective way to buy. I'm paying £60 per month more than I did with my nasty focus but I bet in the end this cost me less to own over its term. That's what I told the wife anyway ;)

Reactions: dieselguy, Ecosphere and PilotAudi
Absolutely . Paid £;26k for last 8P (after big discounts) sold at 34 months 25 k miles by AUDI for £20k .Our loss was less than 200 a month.
Fords drop like a stone, some worth less than half list at. 6 months old a couple of years ago.

Reactions: siouxchief and Baldyone
I've usually purchased my new fords at a discount that covers the first years depreciation. For example; a mk4 Mondeo 2.0l diesel Titanium X at £18k, instead of £24k. My Focus was £17k instead of £23k. The discounts with Audi aren't so great because they do not offer a good fleet discount, which can be tapped into with other makes. With my Mondeo I sold it back to the dealership after three and a half years and got £9.5k for it...

Wow, that's a huge 25% discount! Different business model with mass production of cars I suspect enables bigger margins and the result of that is lower resale and proves my point. Normal chap like me (kinda normal) would never be able to negotiate a discount like that so I'm better off in every way in an Audi :)
You must just have good taste because even with that option open to you (assuming it's still available) you still choose to have the Audi.
I've had three Focus, 1 zetec in 2001 at a year old. An 1800 diesel and 1.6 ecoboost both titanium. 1st two were great but I think the last 61 plate was a horrible car to live with. The masses must disagree because they still shift them by the bucket load but they lost me

I'd been considering buying an Audi for years but the contrast in experience in dealing with Audi vs mass market garages actually put me off. I was used to going in and getting great discounts and feeling like I'd got a good deal. Audi frustrated me so much with the lack of movement on prices I went elsewhere. I've got over that now and and moving onto my second Audi and doubt I'll look back. Took me a while to appreciate the savings you make through a car holding its value vs the discount you get at the start.

I guess that's part of the reason they do hold their value, the fact they don't heavily discount in the first place.

Reactions: Baldyone
Ordered my new A3 Sportback S Line S Tronic in Glacier White with a few extras in the first week of January. I have no idea when I will get to pick it up. Anybody got a rough idea? Would love it to be ready by the 1st March

Thanks

Spoke to my dealer today my car is build and should be at the dealership in the next week.....roll on March 1st

I sold my 8P S3 SB (2011 11) Black edition today to We buy any car for £22,300 , which I thought was a really good price defiantly more than my dealer offered !!!??

Reactions: PilotAudi
I sold my 8P S3 SB (2011 11) Black edition today to We buy any car for £22,300 , which I thought was a really good price defiantly more than my dealer offered !!!??
They will probably ship it to the Aberdeen area and it'll be up for sale for £4000+ more; thats what they did with my 8P S3. (And it sold in just over a week!).

Just had a phone call from the dealer, my car's built and in transit. Expected to arrive mid-Feb for a 1st March pick-up. Woohoo!

Just had a phone call from the dealer, my car's built and in transit. Expected to arrive mid-Feb for a 1st March pick-up. Woohoo!

Thats good news, what build week did you have?

Build week 3, ordered 1st November so not a crazy-long wait. Apparently they're even quite excited about it at the dealership because it's the most options they've had ordered on an 8v so far. I'm surprised by this because some of the specs I've seen on here put mine to shame!

Thanks leeber, I have a build week 5 so may get it for 1st March.

Build week 3, ordered 1st November so not a crazy-long wait. Apparently they're even quite excited about it at the dealership because it's the most options they've had ordered on an 8v so far. I'm surprised by this because some of the specs I've seen on here put mine to shame!

Mine was the same build week as yours so mine should be in transit too. Just in time for March 1st :D

Mine was the same build week as yours so mine should be in transit too. Just in time for March 1st :D

I guess they'll be on the same boat into Sheerness! We got a Tiguan through the dealership in Merhtyr a couple of weeks ago and that came via Sheerness.

The Thames Highway has just arrived in Sheerness from Emden. I doubt that my car's on it but hopefully that means that some of us might get phone calls this week.

so is/was build week 3 the week begining 13th Jan?

I've been trying to manage my own expectations so assumed build week 1 started 6th Jan rather than the 30th Dec!

so is/was build week 3 the week begining 13th Jan?

I've been trying to manage my own expectations so assumed build week 1 started 6th Jan rather than the 30th Dec!

Correct! Often that is final completion (out the factory) week.

The Thames Highway has just arrived in Sheerness from Emden. I doubt that my car's on it but hopefully that means that some of us might get phone calls this week.

Deliveries to Sheerness are normally for dealers in London, the South and South West. Tyne for the North and Scotland and everywhere else is covered by Grimsby.

Deliveries to Sheerness are normally for dealers in London, the South and South West. Tyne for the North and Scotland and everywhere else is covered by Grimsby.

That's how I understand it too, my dealer is Epsom and they confirmed Sheerness, the other car we bought was from Merthyr Tydfil and that was Sheerness too. Interestingly though, I'm sure PilotAudi stated somewhere that he is in Bristol was expecting his to come through Grimsby. Is that true Pilot?

That's how I understand it too, my dealer is Epsom and they confirmed Sheerness, the other car we bought was from Merthyr Tydfil and that was Sheerness too. Interestingly though, I'm sure PilotAudi stated somewhere that he is in Bristol was expecting his to come through Grimsby. Is that true Pilot?

Mine's coming via Grimsby to SW London so guess it can depend