Who are you insured with?

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
My renewal is coming up next week and i am struggling to find a good insurance company who will give me a good price on a policy which includes the remap.

Most places won't even touch me with the remap and the ones that do want an extra £200-£400 extra for the remap.

The best i have got so far is:

With Remap - £704 - Einsurance
Without - £519 - Privilege

Adrian Flux want £800 with the remap.

I have 4yrs no claims, no points or claims and i am 26yrs young.

Which insurance companies are you guys insured with?

Elephant

Constantly the best for me, £600, 8yrs no claims, 29yr old.

more than won't gimme a quote on a standard car!

elephant want the a lovely £1k!

Admiral - 31, 9yrs protected no claims and all mods declared £420.

Robin, i've been with Admiral for the last 4 years on various cars (none remapped but modded lightly in someway) as they were consistently the cheapest, however....

To insure the A3 without the Bluefin was £490... with Bluefin it went up to £890 and even with their 'loyalty' discount the best they could do was £840!!

Got in touch with Neil @ Greenlight insurance who did it for £470 with the Bluefin and all factory options declared free of charge, better policy excesses than Admiral and a nice 10% uk-mkivs.net discount thrown in :icon_thumright:

Give him a try mate, you may be pleasantly suprised...

makes you laugh, its a license to print money and it has nothing to do with the power of the car, my 400bhp Supra (which was classed as a supercar of its time) was less to insure than my 1.9tdi (130bhp) Audi.

RAC! Trust me just try it and thank me after ;)

Robin let me know how you get on, I think I will be in the same boat. I'm currently with Privilege paying about £430, but with the remap I'm guessing they will pull my pants down and butter me up

Give these guys a go... http://www.greenlightinsurance.com/

Remaps covered free of charge, factory options added for no extra cost and all the other normal insurance stuff like protected NCB is not a problem..

As mentioned above, covered my A3 with Bluefin for less than my standard renewal, added my wife and protected NCB (10 years) for no extra charge :icon_thumright:

Best bet is to fill in an online quote for the attention of 'Neil', mention Uk-mkivs.net and you should qualify for 10% forum discount..

Right update

Just got a quote from green insurance, £597.75 with the remap declared.

I'll go with that i reckon as its much cheaper than anyone else!

I have just had a quote on an S3 from Allianz for £470 with 4 yrs no claims - miles cheaper than anyone else I could find (Admiral about the cheapest at £593 otherwise)

New S3, two named drivers (1 with business use), More Than - £298!

PS protected NCB for life!

Standard A3 2.0 TDI

Elephant, 3 years NCD

£430

Premium without tracking device is £667.75.... but if I get a 10% discount ontop of that then £600 is alright I guess. Paying £440 now.

a3norwich said:
New S3, two named drivers (1 with business use), More Than - £298!

PS protected NCB for life!

Who with?

normski said:
Who with?

lol! I don't think he meant 'more than £298', he meant 'More Than - £298'. :)

You guys have it so good. Mines £750ish and that's the best I could get. The fact that it's leased, high mileage and parked on the street has insurance companies rubbing their hands with glee. Oh, and the mods too... :(

normski said:
Who with?

Yeah, it's "More Than", not more than!!! £298 for a year; not more than or less than! :)

Was only another £95-ish for the S3 over the A3 2.0T S-L SE Q. Cool!

Right update

I have now got my insurance sorted out now.

I gave greenlight insurance and they quoted me £597.75 inc the remap.

I then rang Adrian Flux and told them that greenlight gave me a cheaper quote and they said they would give the same cover for £590 inc the remap.

Also with Adrian Flux they gave the option of protecting my 4yrs no claims so all in it has cost me just under £700 including protected no claims and also all the other additional legal protection stuff.

greenlight are top notch

they recently started to insure here in northern ireland

im insured with a company called Quinn Direct which is a southern Irish based company

im 22, 3 years NCB, fully comp with 3rd party FT cover on any other car, 6 points declared (which they didnt care about) on my 2.0tdi 140 for £780

baring in mind people from northern ireland pay extra for insurance than in the mainland for some unknown stupid reason!

something to do with the old court or claims system :S

you shouldnt be charged for optional extra's anyway. about 90% of insurers will charge you for having a re-map and either loads your premium and/or increase your excess. By having a re-map done you will probably only have 40% of the insurance market quoting as its often and automatic decline

mines up the 28 this month i got it down to £311 fully comp
on a a4 53 plate 130 tdi sport and iam 33 with 10 no clams

with esure :hubbahubba: tesco who iam with now want £423

i also find some insurers class factory fitted options as modifications so be careful with this as if you don't declare factory fitted options to these insurers - if you suffer a total loss only the basic car will be replaced - options will not

I'm with AA this year as Adrian flux told me they are not so competitive this year on cars of value of over £25k (poss just an excuse of course!) but never had a prob with them for the last 6 years - usually consistently low premiums and usually beat any other quote

New S3, left hand drive, UK spec, Norwich Union (loyalty discount), 27, 2 years no claim, foreign drivers license, £1200.

All others were in the region of £3100!!! (Adrian Flux, etc)

Pedro

Just switched from Privilege who wanted £525 at renewal to Sainsburys for a modest £438 which includes protected no claims and my missis as a named driver.

I'm insured with Norwich Union Direct. Current premium for my A3 2.0TDI-170 is £365.24. That's with £120.00 excess, Protected No-Claims, Annual Foreign Use, Euro breakdown and Enhanced Courtesy Car for me (59) and with my wife (60) as a named driver.

Insured with Privilege - new S3, no mods.. 29, protected no claims (9yrs), no convictions, London postcode, 10k miles/yr and my missus on the policy.

Comes in at just over £1K.. proper f**kin' joke :( :rolleyes:

-Sal-

Hows about 383 quid for my new S3!

Over 5yrs no claims, 29yrs old, named driver (g/friend) with speeding conviction on motorway, protected!

h5djr said:
I'm insured with Norwich Union Direct. Current premium for my A3 2.0TDI-170 is £365.24. That's with £120.00 excess, Protected No-Claims, Annual Foreign Use, Euro breakdown and Enhanced Courtesy Car for me (59) and with my wife (60) as a named driver.
That seems a bit high Dave.

Your car must be similar in performance to mine, but I'm paying £265 to Direct Line for much the same spec, apart from the Euro breakdown, but including business use.

I've been insured with NU Direct for a number of years and have always been happy with them. I made a claim recently for some minor damage in a car park and they were very good, arranging for the repair at my local Audi bodyshop and arranging for a hire car to meet me there etc. All handled very smoothly.

But having said that I've just been in to the Direct Line website and got a quote. The cheapest was £324.45 but that was with a £250.00 excess and no guaranteed hire car. Setting the opitions to as close as possible with my current policy, ie £150 excess (current policy £120) and including a guaranteed uprated hire car the cover came to £429.45 and that does not include the European Cover.

But it's good to shop around. I normally get several quotes on the internet each year, including going into the NU website. This is the first year I've not got a cheaper quote on their site than the renewal.

A couple a weeks before my renewal was due I had a phone call offering a better price than the renewal price if I renewed there and then. As I had already done my alternative quotes and none was better I renewed.

In the post today I received a £25.00 Marks and Spencer voucher for renewing 2 weeks early!

I just got a quote from NU Direct - Wait for it!!!!!!!!!!

£1123.85 with £220 excess ROFLMAO!!!

Alliance and Leicester insurance (Through Internet Banking)

£219 with £100 excess ( they will beat any quote, guaranteed), so if any of you guys are with A&L, I suggest you have a look, its in the 'plus Offers' when you sign into your internet banking page.

Me: 35 yrs old, 7 yrs protected Bonus, 1 claim (Non Fault) 1 SP30 conviction in 2005.

Next one up was swiftcover.com at: £408 with £250 Excess

I'm with Direct Line for my S3 - 34yrs old, wife on the policy, full NCB - costs me £530.
They offer like for like replacement, SDP and insured for business

Tescos are very good, but also using peformance direct for modded cars!