Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

Scott

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone fitted this? Seems a fairly inexpensive mod and I'm sure I've heard good things especially on fwd A3's to reduce wheel spin/increase front end grip so would be interested in hearing feedback.

Cheers,
Scott

Had this kit fitted to my Subaru wagon. Did help the handling. I think you need to upgrade the ARB bars to really get the full effect of the mod. Not sure on the Audi's though.

I saw this and did a little searching last night as I was interested in it too.

From what I gather the change in the suspension is minimal when the car is stationary but the dynamic changes allow for greater tyre contact under decelerative forces i.e. when braking and cornering when you need it the most.

From a practical standpoint ppl say you need a rear ARB with it though, and if you spend a lot of your time driving hard all the bushes need to be changed otherwise the extra firmness from the WALK can make the other bushes wear faster.

For the price of this mod I'm definitely interested in giving it a go but I've got other mods I want to do first. let me know how you get on with it if you give it a go.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've got Eibach ARB's already. I've been looking at the anti lift kit for a while and I think I'm going to give it a go as it's fairly inexpensive. Same with the Whiteline bump steer kit (if anyone's tried that?)

I'd replace all of the bushes, it's not the cost of them which worries me, it's the labour

Just out of interest how much did it cost you to have the front ARB fitted? I heard you have to drop the front subframe to do it

Just out of interest how much did it cost you to have the front ARB fitted? I heard you have to drop the front subframe to do it

Yeah the subframe had to be dropped. I had my Weitec's and Eibach ARB's supplied and fitted for £970 inc alignment

Yeah the subframe had to be dropped. I had my Weitec's and Eibach ARB's supplied and fitted for £970 inc alignment

so, around £200 to have your ARBs fitted? that's not as bad as i was expecting

Around that for coilovers and ARB's fitted mate, if not a bit less! I got a good price!

that's definitely not bad then. i paid £200 just for my coilovers to be fitted (with alignment)

My car is going in for these to be fitted tomorrow. However, something is seriously up with the car, as the steering feels very spongy at speed and there's uneven tyre wear. Hoping it's just alignment, but I'm not convinced.

just missed out on the possible group buy then?

and how have you managed to break your car already lol? i'm guessing with the suspension mods there's no hope of Audi looking at it under warranty!!

let us know how you get on

I was going to wait for the group buy but it doesn't seem to be very popular and there's been that not been much interest. I asked if it was posted on any others forums but I didn't hear anything back, so I thought for the small potential saving, as it's a fairly cheap mod anyway, I wasn't too bothered. :D

I have no idea. I literally just got it back from Audi last week because of a faulty sensor. Oh dear! I think they would look at it tbh as we have a fairly good relationship, but I'd rather pay a bit for someone who knows what they're doing to have a look, as they've fitted all of the mods I've got so far. And since I'm getting the ALK fitted, they can check everything over while they're under the car. :)

I will let you know. Are you from Birmingham mate?

Cheers
Scott

not FROM birmingham, but i live there and work in Sutton Coldfield.

where do you take your car? i take them to Midland VW in Cannock

lol they seem to give you better prices than me tho!

lol they seem to give you better prices than me tho!

oops lol. I think they learnt their lesson as they underpriced a few things I've had done, complications and generally just taking a bit longer than they thought, cost £75 for ALK and that included alignment. I've also sent lots of people their way. :p

that explains it lol. they charged me £75 for an alignment on it's own tho they helped me with a defective tyre issue i got on my car from an Audi dealer so if you include the £150 odd reimbursement i got for that then i only my coilies fitted for a net of £50.