WHITE WHITE WHITE!(Pic Heavy!)

dela

Reaction score
Im sure some of you will like it and some of you will not but everyone is open to their own opinion.

i am undecided what to do with the rings on the back, wether to spray them white or remove them all together and just leave the s3 badge what do you think?

also i am NOT a fan of the pipes sticking out of my bumper where the fogs should be, the aly doesnt go with the black and white, anyone have any suggestions? i dont want to put different pipes on to keep the fogs but once again im unsure wether i should paint them black, white or buy some mesh and try and hide them?

all suggestions welcome...

DSC001212.jpg

DSC001052.jpg

DSC001162.jpg

DSC001092.jpg

Blimey! You put some Colgate whitening on them rims? lol Im not sure if i like the rims white or not. different though. Dont think you should take the audi sign off. If anything i'd keep it the same or see what its like white? If you was going to debadge something, then debadge the S3, but i like that there coz it lets people know what they're messing with:thumbsup:! The pipes are quite cool i reckon, make the car look aggressive! Ever thought of a LCR splitter on there mate?

Love them mate.

They the standard avus alloys?

got an LCR splitter but had to take it off for the snow, defo wanna keep the s3 badge and would rather keep the rings but need to be careful i dont over do the white

Looks banging mate, may keep mine now and spray them.

Love it. Side skirts next ;)

haha, Nah wheels look good leave the rings of power as they are me thinks :)

Looks good!
i want white avus's on my noggy blue! just need to get hold of some to spray!

Spray the rear bumper insert, wing mirror covers, front grill and the lower door sill trims white!
:iagree: also do the intercooler pipes white, get the rear part of the side skirt and respray the rear quarter :yum:

Looks really good mate, loving the white wheels.

cheers for the good feedback, thought it would of had more haters. I think ill spray the back rings white and leave it at that

Looks awesome bud, have you thought of spraying the headlight inners, the chrome bits black and the grey bits white?

Keep up the good work though, good to see something different being tried:icon_thumright:

Looks good Dela ! really like the white wheels too...

I wouldn't spray the skirts white though, may look tacky. I'd leave the intercooler pipes as they are or spray them black...imo

Looking good, always wanted white wheels but didnt have the guts. Looks brilliant !. spray the pipes black to hide them as much as possible.

If you start spraying anything more white i think itll make it look tacky.
Maybe spray the wing mirrors white?

Loving the white wheels. Maybe just the audi rings in white also, anymore and it will look too much. Off topic slightly, what are the biggest brakes that can be fitted under the Avus wheels?

Sorry ,
Im not a fan at all.
And after knowing a few people who tried white wheels they are a ****** to keep bright white. The go yellow where brake dust has stained them...
T-cut or constant respraying may be needed.

Against the white of the snow..
the wheels look nice. But on a crapy wednesday when its road film and grime... im not sure it will work.

white wheels are great IF you wash them weekly..... the misus MCS has them and they get dirty half hour after washing :)

think the S3 looks great with white Avus, personally i would want the fogs on as it detracts too much from OEM without, id have to see the photoshop of the rest of the trim in white to be convinced

good job matey

I think white alloys can look great - I think my MG suits the powdercoated white Minilites with the white centre stripe. Rollin' on 13s yo!

Dirt is more obvious but no harder to clean off in my experience!

The Avus look nice and chunky in white.

Wheels look nice in white when clean but will be a pig to keep that way, just ask any motorcyclist. As for painting other bits of the car white, personally I think it would totally ruin the car, but each to his/her own I guess

i would absolutely love to spray the whole car white jojo i cant believe they never did this shape s3 in white, but i dont have the money to do it properly with the engine bay and door sills etc so its staying black!
i have no intention of painting any other parts other then the back rings white as i completely agree with most people on here that it would just ruin it, its all about the little touches imo.

keeping them cleans no problem at all, i have an addictive personality and seem to wash my car atleast once a day often more!!
i had a colt with white wheels a few years back and she was kept clean the majority of the time
untitled.jpg

i would absolutely love to spray the whole car white jojo i cant believe they never did this shape s3 in white, but i dont have the money to do it properly with the engine bay and door sills etc so its staying black!
i have no intention of painting any other parts other then the back rings white as i completely agree with most people on here that it would just ruin it, its all about the little touches imo.

keeping them cleans no problem at all, i have an addictive personality and seem to wash my car atleast once a day often more!!
i had a colt with white wheels a few years back and she was kept clean the majority of the time
untitled.jpg

Is the front alloy buckled on that pic?

Do the mirrors to match and debadge the back then you're sorted. Any more and it'll look "too much", imo. Must be a b*****d to keep them clean... Avus "spokes" are awfully thick!

Is the front alloy buckled on that pic?

yes it is, proper fecked
Do the mirrors to match and debadge the back then you're sorted. Any more and it'll look "too much", imo. Must be a b*****d to keep them clean... Avus "spokes" are awfully thick!

wider the spokes the better, the spokes on that colt were a nightmare because theres so many you had to get inbetween each spoke it took ages, with the avus wheels its definitely a nice bit easier

next bit of advice if you havent already mate

get yaself an EZ wheel brush and some sort of formula like Bilberry/very cherry wheel cleaner (both none acidic/alkaline), i use this combo and saves me ages with a pressure washer..... and mine are spotless week after week ;)

Hi pal, don't mean to put a downer on the thread but i don't like them. I've always thought of the S3 as being a classy car and i think it looks abit tacky. deffo do not paint the bupmer inserts. I am only 22 aswell so its not because i'm old or anything I just don't think is suits the S3, its something that would suit an evo for example in my eyes.

dela,

love the car, love the wheels - good look.

I would colour the pipes matt black (a textured finish if possible) - that would look great.

Thats my 2p's worth

i spoke too soon..... after not cleaning our whiteys for 3weeks..... cant beleive how much of a pain they are to get clean!! even though they are protected etc ive still got loads of 'pits' to remove when i next have a spare hour or so!!

sorry about the picture quality its off my phone just a quick pic of the replaced intercooler pipes and lcr splitter back on
DSC00077.jpg

yeh i deffinitely prefer it to the metal pipes. getting some weitec coilovers on it next weekend so will see about spacers after that. really i want some 18's what do people think would look good in white?