white wax spots left in stone chips

sportback A3

Reaction score
Its probably been asked before, but I detailed my car today. and the tiny stone chips are now all white. will quick detailer remove them without damaging the wax? or whats best for this?

Cotton bud with bit of apc on or a toothpick will work.

They are in the lacquer and although not really visable prior to waxing, there are too many to use those methods fella, but thank you

depending on how deep they are, i have wet flatted car paints to even the lacquer surfaces, then used the mop to polich it up, but like i said, depending if its just lacquer damage or paint damage, you can get away with using the OEM paint sticks to replace any lost paint, let it dry for a day, wet flat that to make the layer even and then mop it and buff it,

I know this is an old thread but i was going to start a thread with the same title so may aswell use this one......lol

When i first got my car (a3 ming blue) the paintwork looked perfect. I thought i would give it a wash and wax but the only wax i had was an old tin of triplewax (never used it).

After waxing the car i noticed that the wax had made all the little stone chips stand out white (It took me ages to get it all out).

I've just bought some SRP to use after i clay the car, but I've been reading that this is prone to leaving the car with the same white dots.

Is this true and if so what can i do to prevent it?

I've heard that meguiars polish would be a better choice?

Thanks guys ;)

When polishing or waxing any car you should applying the wax in thin layer's making sure you allow the wax to dry 100% before buffing off.. Buffing off Polish or Wax should be done with very little effort, on dark colour'S use a wax like dodo juice purple haze or blue velvet as these waxes are coloured.. We have loads of people asking "how much polish and wax should i use" the key is to apply each product in nice even thin coat's.. TIP : If you use a shed load of polish,glaze,sealant's or waxes on your car and find it hard to buff off you are using to much product.

Last edited:
When waxing any car you should apply the wax in thin layer's making sure you allow the wax to dry 100% before buffing off.. Buffing off the wax should be done with very little effort, on dark colour use a wax like dodo juice purple haze as these waxes are coloured.. We have loads of people asking "how much polish and wax should i use" the key is to apply each product in nice even thin coat's.. TIP : If you use a shed load of polish,glaze,sealant's or waxes on your car and find it hard to buff off you are using to much product.

Thanks for the reply mate ;)

So are you saying that the reason behind the white spots is just me using too much product?

Or should i swap the SRP for some meguiars deep crystal polish, as it says its for dark cars?

Thanks again mate ;)

The Polish has filled the stone chip. Remove the polish from the stone chip using a toothpick (be careful).. Your car is Ming Blue so the colour is Dark so any Dark Wax will be fine after polishing.. AG SRP a so so product..Megs DCS is part of a 3 step system polish set if i remeber.

Last edited:
Panel wipe got the polish out for me no probs :salute:

Failing that, toothpick FTW

Thanks again guys.

I've not had much luck with toothpick methods......lol

I bought a touch-up kit from halfords and read that its best not to use the brush that come with it as it can end up leaving a blob on the paintwork and it best to dip a toothpick in the paint and gradually build up the paint on the car.....

The only problem is the paint wouldn't come off the toothpick onto the paintwork....LOL

i use yellow carnauba wax on my dark paint there no white in it at all looks mint check ebay for harley wax woods automotive is the seller i buy it from best stuff i have ever used

cheers

Lee