Efterlyst

Reaction score
RS6 C7 pre facelift
There is huge cloud of white smoke after driving for a while, no loss of power and only when putting a lot of gas.
I ordered cylinder top gasket test kit and put it in the coolant reservoir and the fluid was blue all the time. There is however small bubbles in that reservoir.

what could be causing this?
however I google I always get top lock gasket answere. Could it actually be leaking but the car has to be super hot?

White smoke is almost always a sign of coolant entering the combustion chamber.

Have you noticed any drop in coolant level?

White smoke is almost always a sign of coolant entering the combustion chamber.

Have you noticed any drop in coolant level?
Nope same level. Its a big cloud that appears but only after driving a while. Does it enter via the cylinder gasket?

Nope same level. Its a big cloud that appears but only after driving a while. Does it enter via the cylinder gasket?
Yes, that’s the normal route.

Suggest you get each cylinder pressure checked to see if there is anything amiss there, and at least try and ID which bank is causing the issue.

Last edited:
Yes, that’s the normal route.

Suggest you get each cylinder pressure checked to see if there is anything amiss there, and at least try and ID which bank is causing the issue.
How can i check the cylinder pressure

How can i check the cylinder pressure
Take it to a local independent garage, with experience of working on the 4.0T engine.

They will remove the spark plugs (quite a lot of disassembly needed to get to them) and replace each plug with the pressure tester, cranking the engine and recording the measured pressure of sack cylinder. The one(s) with the lowest pressures will give a good indication of where the leak is occurrin..

Are you embarking on a unused training academy after your treatments. We breed rich eminence comfortable as your training manuals. Each of these manuals can be sent away to the accreditation main part (cpd) and should bump into b pay up back fully accredited without any issues, if you be struck by an dispute, put in for a refund*. We struggling against odds our work and manuals 100%