White Audi Rings on front grill

jackj

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thinking of replacing my OEM Chrome rings on the front grille to white (to match the colour of the car).

What is the best way of going about this?

Paint the current chrome rings? Spray them? Are you able to purchase white ones? (Checked eBay but nothing, just black ones)

Cheers!

Buy the ebay ones (any) then sand them down paint them and laquer them a few coats
bang them in the sun to bake job done

keeping your original intact just in case

Reactions: jackj
Thanks Lingy. This method had crossed my mind, just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts etc. were so yeah think I'll do this!

Definately, the thing is - I've got Black rings on the back to match the wheels etc. But I don't want Black ones on the front as you won't be able to see them and I don't want the stealth look!

Don't think it matters that you have the black rings on the back, Jack. It's the equal contrast, black on white on the back, ..white on black on the front of the car, ..totally works in my eyes and will look FAB! Go for it! :wub: x

Don't think it matters that you have the black rings on the back, Jack. It's the equal contrast, black on white on the back, ..white on black on the front of the car, ..totally works in my eyes and will look FAB! Go for it! :wub: x
Agree. Matt Andrew's looks brilliant with white rings.

One thing I would say is that it might be easier on yourself to buy a set of the black ones as they are made of ABS plastic and paint them, then lacquer them. They won't take nearly as much prepping as the OE ones will. I know how hard it is to sand all the chrome off the OE ones and the black ones when painted probably won't chip as much as OE ones will. :) x

Last edited:
As paulie says, paint the black rings as it is easier that working with the 'chrome' rings.

I painted mine liquid blue to match the paintwork, looks great and is quite an easy job

how easy is it to take of the chrome rings? also price to replace if break them whist trying?

Thanks for all of the comments/feedback/advice guys - much appreciated. My plan is to purchase some black ones and paint them white and give them a good few coats of laquer :) I will post photos up of my progress when done - many thanks again!