Whistle noise coming from driver side wheel

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
On my MY15 a3 tfsi I can hear if I open the window like a low whistle noise coming from one of the wheels. Only i notice with the window open and on slow speeds. As the car is in warranty I am thinking to hightlight the issue on his first oil service. Anyone has had this noise before?

Not sure if related but on the same wheel (driver side) when i go over speed bumps it does like a clunk noise specially when i pass over them fairly quick.. Normal bumps is ok but on potholes and when i go fast is like a knocking noise.

Any advise will be appreciate it!

Thank you

I would check the tyres also. I once had a squeaky rear wheel. Turned out there was damage on the inside wall and the metal structure of the tyre was showing. The squeeking was the rubber pushing together.

Faulty bearing maybe? Had this on my last 8P. I would get Audi to take a look before service is due.
You mean the whistle noise isnt? could be faulty berings.. as per the clunk noise when going fast over speed bumps could be maybe suspension issue on drivers side... not that i notice a lot both of them only certain times and with the window down.. but better if getting them sorted out under warranty.

Does it stop if you move the steering wheel from one side to the other? had this in my old Honda and it was the brake pads that needed changing