Facelift Whining sound and tyre rub

AliiiB

Reaction score
So the other day, I kerbed a wheel pretty bad and now the steering wheel is out of centre(assuming a alignment will sort that) but it rubs on full look both ways (problem 1)

Now I’m hearing this sound I’ve not heard before, am I getting too paranoid or is it something (it occurs on acceleration)

Please don’t rinse me if it’s normal I’ve had this 2 weeks now ahah

Take it to a dealer or a good alignment shop, rubbing on full lock is not a good sign and possibly dangerous.

I hit a kerb at 15mph when I slipped on oil/diesel
2 alloys(1 buckled 1 scratched), 2 tyres, front hub and bearing and some other suspension bits was damaged. Car was out of alignment too. £4500 damage.
Modern cars are designed to fall apart on impact to either protect occupants or pedestrians so I would get it checked out. An alignment will tell you everything you need.
Engine starting sound seems normal to me.

I hit a kerb at 15mph when I slipped on oil/diesel
2 alloys(1 buckled 1 scratched), 2 tyres, front hub and bearing and some other suspension bits was damaged. Car was out of alignment too. £4500 damage.
Modern cars are designed to fall apart on impact to either protect occupants or pedestrians so I would get it checked out. An alignment will tell you everything you need.
Engine starting sound seems normal to me.

So the 3 year warranty I have, they gonna be nice and cover it ?

You hit a curb. Very unlikely to be covered by warranty. If it proves costly you could claim on insurance.

You hit a curb. Very unlikely to be covered by warranty. If it proves costly you could claim on insurance.

Surely the engine sound has nothing to do with tapping a curb?

If the wheels being refurbed and the alignment done, if the problem persists I can go into Audi

So the 3 year warranty I have, they gonna be nice and cover it ?

Mine was done through the insurance. The repairs through the insurance is covered for 5 years. All genuine parts used so warranty not affected.

Mine was done through the insurance. The repairs through the insurance is covered for 5 years. All genuine parts used so warranty not affected.

I’m already 20 with an s3 and £6k insurance I really cant have this

You have a car that has probably suspension damage from the curb hit, tie rods etc. Get it looked at ASAP, as driving it may become more expensive to repair and may also be unsafe to drive.