which wipers?

hmmm be interesting to see how you get on with those. If you want "aero" blades you usually have to change the arms as well, i could be wrong but thats what i did.

I saw an a4 today at the scrap yard with aero wipers on it

Just changed my aero wipers a couple of days ago, & you certainly don't need new wiper arms.

Just changed my aero wipers a couple of days ago, & you certainly don't need new wiper arms.
Well I did - I certainly couldn't find any aero wiper blades to fit the peculiar arm fitting on the original ones on my 53 plated A4 B6. So I ended up going down the replacement arms route using the arms from the B7. Night and day, and while not cheap to do with new parts, thoroughly recommended.

It does seem though that the blades in John777W's post are aero blades, and with that rather weird fitting, so I'm guessing that some manufacturer has finally started making them.

All that said, the fitting on the original arms on mine was so worn that even new blades juddered across the screen and with the B7 arms having a much better and more precise locking mechanism, they are much better in that respect as well.

It seems the later B6's (2003 onwards) had aero blades with the revised arm. If looking for arms from a breaker, the Seat Exeo arms also fit - http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/exeo-wiper-arms.169894/#post-1689615

Use genuine Audi blades - and I guess that if you do go down the new arms / blades route, your next question will be "how do I get the arms off?" See http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/wiper-arms-seized-onto-spindle.195714/ . You might be lucky, and they'll come off easily. Bet they don't! And you really do need a puller of some sort!

Reactions: DieselJake
As said mine definitely needed the arms to match, damn if you were based in Birmingham I would have given some cash for them.

Cheers guys, i will take a chance and order the ones John has put up

Good news the "Aero" wipers I ordered from ebay have arrived & are fitted to my car. You just need to remove the old retaining clips from the end of the arms & slide in the new blades. I squeezed the ends of the arms together slightly, to give a firmer fitting!

Mines a late 2003 and has aero blades. Fitted some cheap ebay replacement blades and each sweep makes a clunk sound as the rubber flip flops! Just brought some bosch A016S.
Can recommend the Q5 rear aero wiper, neater looking.

Tom.