1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift Which Version MMI do I have?

Mikeso51 Jun 18, 2020

1. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

I would like to find out exactly which variety of MMI is fitted to my car. I have searched the forum and the web, but I can't find a definite answer.

Car is 2017 MY (Facelift) A3 Sport. MMI has 7 inch colour screen, DAB radio, SD card Satnav, and Audi Connect. There are 2 SD card slots and USB ports.

I looked in the MMI menus for software information, and the S/W version is 0148. The Nav database version is 8W0919866C 0009 ECE 2016. The Media Drive version is CLU6_MCM_AU_ER-G21_042.

Any help appreciated.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jiannu

jiannu Registered User

Can u upload a pic if your menu? Im guessing since it's a facelift, you have mmi2.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

MIB2 High Scale (MIB HS manufactured by Delphi)

Mikeso51 likes this.
  5. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

Hi jiannu. Car is at home and I'm not at present, so can't take a photo till later. If it's MIB2, then which version? I believe there are more than one.

6. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

Thanks DJAlix. I thought you might have the answer. What is the significant of High Scale? Is this something special or just the standard fit?

7. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Its just the name given to the unit and I believe it's "middle of the range":

MIB2 High
    MIB2 HS
    MIB2 STD

Mikeso51 likes this.
  8. Mikeso51

Mikeso51 Registered User

Thanks Alix

9. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

Just simply check in nain menu, setup, scroll bottom..

10. jiannu

jiannu Registered User

would you happen to have the model # of the high unit? I plan to do a retro fit on my 16'.

11. DJAlix

8V1035035

if needed I can update and activate All MIB units.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. jiannu

jiannu Registered User

You can do this remotely? Im in Canada? When looking for VC, should I stay away from used ones? Should I look for ones without protection?

14. DJAlix

MMI activations I don’t offer remotely unfortunately.

re the VC there is a lot of information in this forum but one new ones can have their milage adjusted, none come without protection.