Facelift Which VCDS mods work in FL S3 (and S3)

allanmb

Reaction score
I was hoping to make a few mods to the car including:

1) Open Exhaust AGA valves permanently
2) Rear DRLs
3) Stop seat-belt chimes

I've heard that number 1 doesn't work yet, how about the others? What else have people done on their facelift S3/A3?

I was hoping to make a few mods to the car including:

1) Open Exhaust AGA valves permanently
2) Rear DRLs
3) Stop seat-belt chimes

I've heard that number 1 doesn't work yet, how about the others? What else have people done on their facelift S3/A3?
I am yet to have a FL car visit me but all of the above, even if "unlabelled" in VCDS, should work. Just be use to make notes and back up your coding and adaptations before making any changes. To back up your coding you would need to record your long coding numbers, I screen cap all the byes and bits also. To back up your adaptations you can generate "adaptation maps".

If you need any help or assistance let me know :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and allanmb
Sorry top resurrect an old thread, but for 1 is this what is needed ?
  1. Select STG 01 (motor)
  2. STG coding -> function 07
  3. byte 9
  4. Disable bit 2

Reactions: Rob2k68
Are you sure you don't have rear DRL's? Mine has them.. strange.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Opened up the exhaust flaps last night and I'm very happy with the result. Not much difference on idle or when cruising but now a bit more gutsy on acceleration when at low revs.

Yes, it seems I have rear DRLs on by default so last thing to do is to is the seatbelt chime

Reactions: AudiNutta, DJAlix and Gordo77
Opened up the exhaust flaps last night and I'm very happy with the result. Not much difference on idle or when cruising but now a bit more gutsy on acceleration when at low revs.

Yes, it seems I have rear DRLs on by default so last thing to do is to is the seatbelt chime

The valves don't seem to make a big difference, but if you turned the, back on in 2 weeks you will notice a whole world of difference.

Why do you want to stop the seatbelt chimes? Surely you wear your seatbelt and make all your passengers do so? The seatbelt chime is a useful feature...

The valves don't seem to make a big difference, but if you turned the, back on in 2 weeks you will notice a whole world of difference.

Why do you want to stop the seatbelt chimes? Surely you wear your seatbelt and make all your passengers do so? The seatbelt chime is a useful feature...

It's not so useful if you store your gym bag on the passenger seat ;-)

I upgraded to a car with a boot so I didn't have to do that...

Reactions: AL_B, Lehn and AudiNutta

I see your problem, but then at the same time I don't ;)

I always used to store my rucksack / overalls for work on my passenger seat in the A3, it was half leather so a cloth centre. Now I have full leather, it makes me cringe thinking of my bag sliding around on that nice new leather seat haha.

I've never had it trigger as a person, only when I've had a cool box in the back (again in my old car). You could always belt up your bag, keep it safe :p

My bags now go in the boot.. under the cargo net, even if I'm running late.. work can lose a minute of my time if my leather stays nice ;)

Good evening folks - any further luck on getting the FL coding pulled together? Haven't been able to get much more than the rear DRL's turned on at this point. And the seatbelt chime removed. Hoping someone out there has cracked this!

I tried the valves loads of times a good 6 months ago and even although it took the code it reverted back and you could hear them open and closing going threw drive select so ended up unplugging them
Been updates since but not tried

Reactions: AL_B
thanks for the response. I haven't seen anything on any forums where anyone has had luck yet. Did you throw any error codes when you unplugged them?

VCDS for the valves open works, had mine like this for a while and they are definitely open permanently.
Just make sure they are open before the code change or they will remain stuck closed.

What's the coding string you used? Did you just set it in Dynamic prior to the code change? thanks again guys,

I think it's clear BIT 2 in BYTE 9 of the engine block. It's the same as the PFL S3.

I switched on, put the gearbox in Sport, and then switched off, cycling all the modes back to Dynamic should have the same effect.

Copy that. That's where i went, but but bit 2 was already clear.... I'm going to throw it in dynamic and look again.

Is yours a S3 or a RS3 ?

The RS3 coding is different and not sure if any one has worked it out yet.