which uprated dampers??

Jonezy87

Reaction score
i currently have coilovers fitted to the car but am thinking of goin down the uprated dampers and maybe just 40mm spring so ride isnt so hard!

what sets ups do people have and where from and how much they cost of you dont mind me asking?

cant seem to find many uprated damper for the s3

cheers

how many people actually have them though? i thought last time this thread came up, there werent actually many people with them on the board

ye have heard good things about them but where from and how much?!

Whats the milage on your car? Just fitting brand new standard items will provide a quality ride or possibly mk1 TT Sline/facelift dampers. Koni fsd are about the same price as billys, and the billys have been proven to be good. B6 are an option to.

The Bilstein B8's are quite a stiff damper but deliver ultimate handling. Also think about the KW and Weitec kits which are a little more comfortable for everyday road use.

Damian @ DPM Performance

I had Bilstein B8s with eibach springs on my a3 tqs which were brilliant, so much so Ill be getting the same fitted to the s3 at the end of this month.

The general every day ride is nice a comfortable, and when I pushed it round a corner they were precise and improved the a3 no end.

I dont have any experience of an s3 running on coilovers so I cant compare the two but as I say I was so impressed with the set up on the a3 that I will be doing the same on the s3 fairly soon.

DPM performance do billies and 6 odd different spring options I think Im looking at £650 before fitting, but well worth it.

how many people actually have them though? i thought last time this thread came up, there werent actually many people with them on the board

Not many people buy them as they aren't cheap, £500 odd just for dampers then another £200 odd for decent springs makes them an expensive option and most peeps will opt for cheaper coil over kits or cheaper replacement damper kits

<tuffty/>

I defo recommend Billy B8's, had them on mine for a while now and i find them an excellent on ride and handling. Certainly alot more comfortable than cheaper dampers ive had on previous cars over the years. Got my B8's from DPM.

i currently have coilovers fitted to the car but am thinking of goin down the uprated dampers and maybe just 40mm spring so ride isnt so hard!

what sets ups do people have and where from and how much they cost of you dont mind me asking?

cant seem to find many uprated damper for the s3

cheers
what have you got on at present maybe interested....