Which type of Satnav is this?

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Is this an RNS-D or RNS-E?

It's from a September 2007 B7.

A430TDi.jpg

RNS-D is rubbish incomparison, not gonna list all the differences, but take our word for it.

I've bought this car, and am collecting it this coming Saturday. In addition to the RNS-E, it also has a glovebox-mounted OEM CD-changer.

Am I right in thinking that the CD-changer occupies the auxiliary input, and that I will not be able to install the iPod adapter that have in my current car?

Problem is the ipod interface is crap unless you have the newer ami on the mk2 rns-e units which are substantially more expensive, I would just stick with SD cards that are used behind the motorised flip down screen mate.

Problem is the ipod interface is crap unless you have the newer ami on the mk2 rns-e units which are substantially more expensive, I would just stick with SD cards that are used behind the motorised flip down screen mate.

Hey, that's great, I didn't realise it had an SD card slot. Any idea if it will play AAC files, or will I have to reformat all my stored music as mp3 files before I copy them to an SD card?

MP3 only & there are 2 slots behind screen which can take 2-4GB cards with an estimated max 512 files on them, cant use SDHC, has to be SD only.