Which stereo?

Vampy11

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket stereo to replace the original double-din chorus stereo in a 2010 A3 please? Preferably one which looks as close to the Audi Sat-nav version as possible/not looking too out of place, and with Bluetooth, Sat-nav, and Aux-in? We'd previously bought a Sony unit before but it was unclear as to how it could be installed, and neither Halfords, Wilcos, or our local garage had a clue how to wire it in to the canbus system on the car. In the end we had to give up and return it. Are there any good plug and play systems out there that anyone has had experience of or can recommend? And if so, how easy are they to install? Any info would be greatly appreciated :D

There are some good head units out there. Obviously you have the Audi RNS-e units, there are 2 kinds the mk1 and mk2 (mk2 has much better screen and performs over all much better)which install easily with existing wiring looms and intigrate straight into your car. but that said, even if you add the audi blue tooth module these will not stream music or play a dvd. I have seen with some extra wiring you can get them to stream music. Ask @NHN (Nigel)

This systemhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynavin-N6-Retrofit-OEM-RNS-E-Style-DVD-GPS-Sat-Nav-iPod-Bluetooth-for-Audi-A3-/281376959786?hash=item41835fad2a:g:1UQAAOSw91NTtUyO is also extremely good and some members on here have them, they do it all from stream music via blue tooth, reversing camera and the list goes on.... and apparantly the guy will accept an offer of around £520

Reactions: NHN
android based is the way to go, much more bang for your buck

Dynavin for me, literally plug and play, no extra wiring at all apart from plugging in the sat nav aerial and running the lead above the glove box, only the glove box has to be removed.

Dynavin for me, literally plug and play, no extra wiring at all apart from plugging in the sat nav aerial and running the lead above the glove box, only the glove box has to be removed.
I really like the style of the Dynavin models, and also the features available, I feel it's a bit out of my price range though. Is there a similar type available for around £200-250 that anyone has had experience of? But again with the easy plug and play installation? I'm struggling to find anything that looks as good as the Dynavin A3 model.

No. I tried a cheaper version but couldn't get the reverse camera to work and the radio reception is carp, only Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, Classic FM and one or two others. Slotted in the Dynavin and hey presto it all worked, took 30mins to fit.

No. I tried a cheaper version but couldn't get the reverse camera to work and the radio reception is carp, only Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, Classic FM and one or two others. Slotted in the Dynavin and hey presto it all worked, took 30mins to fit.
Okay, tempting.... How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking? Was it from the Dynavin website?

I got a xtrons unit very similar to the dynavin but maybe not as refined, depends on your budget

Is the reverse camera easy to install?, do you have to remove a lot of panels/interior etc to get the camera to the back of the car? and can reverse camera be a good substitute for parking sensors?

How's the radio reception.

Last edited:
Okay, tempting.... How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking? Was it from the Dynavin website?
£525. Auto Electronics or SVT are the UK agents for Dynavin, they have several ads running at the same time at different prices which is odd. They are also on Amazon which I found later at £519. So try your luck with the Offer button.

Is the reverse camera easy to install?, do you have to remove a lot of panels/interior etc to get the camera to the back of the car? and can reverse camera be a good substitute for parking sensors?

How's the radio reception.
You have to remove the hatch trim and the rear panel in the roof to get at the loom gaiter, it's a tight fit to pull the video cable through but I managed it. Then tuck the cable along the edge of the roof trim, passenger side, remove the A pillar trim and glovebox and your there. That took me about 5 hours just for the camera cable and fitting the camera in the number plate light. Radio reception is as good as the original Audi Concert. I don't have parking sensors so the camera is better, can now reverse up to my trailer towbar within a couple of inches.

I fitted an xtrons / similar unit along with a number plate light camera, works a treat.

to avoid running a video cable the length of the car I used one of these wireless kits to send the video to the head unit, also works fine.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4G-Wire...for-Car-Rear-View-Backup-Camera-/400991767354

take off the boot panel trim and then wire the camera on to the reverse light wire along with the transmitter. fit the receiver to the head unit (power can be fed from some of the +12v signal wires ie the bose amp signal etc. jobs a good un.