Which stereo for A3 8P must be double DIN to replace Dynavin a3

daddycool

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im after some help choosing a new stereo for my a3.

The car came with a Dynavin A3 unit which seems to do anything you want want a stereo to do but badly! Its getting right on my t*ts.

The replacement needs to be:

Double DIN
Light up Red
Ipod connectivity
Blutooth
Not cost more that £200

& I want it to tell you the radio station, song etc on the dash? as mine currently doesn't do this!

Any recommendations?

And if anyone wants a dynavin a3 boxed with sat nav not working let me know.

Cheers.

There are very few that integrate with the pointless display on the dash (Blaupunkt do one IIRC), just look a little to the left and all the info is on the HU! How many times do you need to be reminded of what song you are listening to?

Fair point! just the novelty I guess

I'd imagine the Blaupunkt units would as they make the standard audi audio if memory serves.

Might just get an alpine then as I've allways had good experience with there kit in the past

What year is the car?

I suggest a later concert & add the auxin so it can have basic ipod connectivity, plus you can get all info in the dis (from the head unit, not ipod) but BT would be an addon though & an expense, but you could always use your auxin as a cheapo way to use your phone, others do, not my 1st thought but you seem to be restricting your expenditure, so best can think of atm :)

I have a later concert & can supply with an auxin cable solution, ideally would need checking for coding by someone when installed.

Dynavin gets nothing but bad reports thus far.

Its a 2004.

I had considered putting a concert unit in as they seem to go for reasonable money on ebay.

I wish the previous owner had just left it alone and not installed the dynavin to be honest, as its not often I feel the need to play street fighter 2 while stuck in traffic!!!