which spark plugs and other bits

karl210

Reaction score
Ive had a good scan but cant seem to find the best answer as everyone is saying different.
Going to be changing spark plugs, maf and n75 this weekend.
My engine is a 175k amk remapped to stage one, which spark plugs do i need? just cheap and cheerfull really dont want to be spending mega bucks on some gold plated platinum diamond encrusted beauties, someone reccomended ngk bkr7e because its remapped and there cheap.
I know which maf to get but wondering if anyone knows the cheapest places? so far its ecp at £85
Also im looking at getting a new n75 to rule that one out too im not going to chance the j version so is it the f version i need?
apolagies if its been covered 1000 times before but i have searched

BKR6E (coppers) or BKR6EIX (irridium) on a std turbo... only need to consider colder plugs when heading into the darkside of 300hp....

I run BKR7E's with my GT30..

<tuffty/>

BKR6E (coppers) or BKR6EIX (irridium) on a std turbo... only need to consider colder plugs when heading into the darkside of 300hp....

I run BKR7E's with my GT30..

<tuffty/>

What's the major gain with Iridium plugs? And under what considerations do you need to start thinking about gapped/non-gapped plugs?

JB

cheers tuffty, iridium basically just last longer but are more expensive so it all works out the same in the end i suppose, never heard of non gapped plugs? all plugs need to be gapped orelse there would be no spark?

Longevity... 40k (arguably) service intervals vs 10k

But... coppers are cheaper and (so say) work better for turbo engines...

IMO don't assume the gaps are right on any supplied plug... not quite sure of the context of your question but if your engine is mapped then gap to 0.7mm (0.8mm std) if using 20v coil packs... on TFSI coil packs I use 0.85mm

<tuffty/>