1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Which sound system

Chris tobbell Apr 5, 2020

1. Chris tobbell

Chris tobbell Registered User

Hi
    How do u find which sound system I have in my car .
    I’ve an a3 2019 with subwoofer in boot
    Interested which model as was told b and o.
    Would be surprised if was as it’s absolutely shocking sound with missing controls for woofer etc
    My Nissan Juke in comparison has a superior sound system
    Otherwise all these little jiggles I love my a3
    Shame I bought it then next day went into lockdown hehe

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Dubjam

Dubjam Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Do your front speaker grills in the door have lighting strips and Bangs Olufsen written on them?

If not, then its not an BO system.

Possible the 'Audi sound system', which is gash despite its cost.

4. Chris tobbell

No markings on them at all
    Can only find 4 speakers in each of the doors and sub in boot

5. Dubjam

Its not a BO then.

Download the Myaudi app and enter your VIN number, it will tell you the cars spec with any optional equipment.

6. Chris tobbell

Thanks for that

Dubjam likes this.
  7. Chris tobbell

Got a few little niggles to speak to dealer about when they reopen
    They sent me away with no compressor or tyre gunge stuff and drive back to Newcastle.phew no punctures.
    The mats weren’t refitted after vallet
    And they told me it had b and o system
    Bit to go on for them
    as I said earlier though I’m so chuffed with the car in the main
    The engine is excellent
    When I’m a big boy and get a real engine I won’t be able to cope haha
    Anyway thanks for your input
    And it came with no sarcasm as a previous group I was in would have done.

8. Dubjam

Well the BO is a big deal, because 1, its really really good, 2, the Audi system is poor and 3, the BO costs a LOT to retrofit.

Thus you pretty much arent ever going to have a decent sound system in there unless you spend some serious money, as aftermarket systems are still going to cost upwards of a grand.

It may not have had matts. They dont come as standard.

On a 2019 car, sending you off without the full tool kit and/or spare is very poor.

Is this a main dealer?

9. Chris tobbell

Yes mate is a main dealer
    In their defence if there is such a thing the garage was quite hectic and an hour after I left they closed branch down along with all the others
    I’ll get it sorted I’m sure

10. Dubjam

I think you'll get the tool kit and maybe a set of matts at a massive push...but I doubt they will sort you out a BO install!

11. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

It says Bang&Olufsen on the speakers the ones at bottom corner on each of the 4 doors and the front doors have a led light around the edges

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. surfer8210

surfer8210 Registered User

Is it written on your purchase order that you’re supposed to have a B&O system in there?
    If so, you’ve got an airtight case and they owe you. If it’s just a verbal agreement you might not have a dog in the fight.
    I would say that they definitely owe you the tire and other tool kit though, good luck either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

pm me your VIN and I can send a design database report of which options your vehicle should have.

15. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

Have you checked the bit at the side of boot for your toolkit? There’s a little door on the right side if you got a sportback

16. Chris tobbell

Yes I’ve got a toolkit and a jack but there’s no compressor or tyre fluid
    Nothing in side door on right

17. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

do you have a spare wheel?

18. Chris tobbell

I do now as had to buy one

Attached Files:

19. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

Do all Audi A3/S3 models have a jack in that right rear cubby hole? I have the toolkit, and spare wheel but no jack anywhere....should I have had one? I’m the second owner.

20. Dubjam

You obviously get a jack, to use with the wheel, obvs.

Cars without a spare and just the silicone inflater gunk may not come with a jack, I know my 8P Quattro didn't, but if you have a spare wheel, you must have a jack.

Have you been driving around with a spare wheel and no jack?!?

21. s3mad_dude

Yup. All I have in my cubby hole is the tool kit! In the gap I put a 1L bottle of oil in case I ever get a low warning light. I do that with all my cars. In my subwoofer (Audi sound system) I have a spare wheel. I’m the second owner of the car so the jack must have been lost by the previous owner, or the silicone gunk was used and they fitted a spare?? Who knows....

22. larbel

larbel Registered User

I don't have a spare wheel, but I DO have the inflator pump and a jack as well...

23. Neil C

Neil C Registered User

My jack sits in the spare tyre well, in a little holder on the left.

24. Dubjam

Bit harsh to put your son in there

Neil C and s3mad_dude like this.
  25. HertS3

HertS3 Registered User

LOL good one!

Seriously though, I had the Audi sound system retrofitted on my car (basically adding centre dash tweeter and sub in boot) and it is a huge improvement. I find the quality very good, I'm no audiophile but my music is high-res AAC / MP3 on an SD card and I can't really fault it, goes louder than I would ever want (without damaging my ears).

Friend has B&O but streams music from YouTube so doesn't really sound that different to me.

Dubjam likes this.
  26. Dubjam

Streaming low-res music is never going to sound very good, no matter how good the system, even on my 20K home system, but the BO is pretty damn good and gives a really nice resolution thats akin to the best valve systems, i,e very natural sounding.

I can't listen to the Audi Sound System, I turn it off when in my dads Q3 its so bad.

But each to their own, if you like it, then thats all the matters. The OP dosent and looks like he got a bum deal on being told it has a BO.

27. s3mad_dude

Just realised that I do actually have a jack in my car (FL S3 model)! It’s actually quite easy to miss. I was always just lifting the rear boot carpet up (like my old 8L S3) rather than completely removing it, as I didn’t know you could. The jack is tucked far up towards the base of the rear seat in a section of the styrofoam on the right (uk driver’s side). If you just lift the carpet up and rest it on the springy boot lights, you can’t see the jack.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  28. Matt Titanium

Matt Titanium Registered User

If you were used to the poor standard system the I assume you would be pleased with a bit more top and bottom.
    If it's quiet background music you want then you probably won't notice much difference between A.S.S and B&O. The B&O only comes into it's own if you turn it up enough to hear the background space and experience the punch, clarity and detail. Only my daughter and myself appreciate this in our household so nobody else has really got to hear it. I don't show it off to anyone else that gets in the car because I'm not 18 any more and assume most people would be the same.
    It is better than the Bose in her TT though.

29. Damo S

Damo S Registered User

does the center speaker make much difference to the top end?