Which silicone hoses to go for? Brands/makes/places to buy

kwistof

South East Events Moderator
Reaction score
Hi people,

Basically I'm looking for a silicone boost hose in blue as my current one looks slightly split :(

The silicone pipe in question is the one that attaches the turbo to the charge pipe I believe. I would naturally go with the Forge example- however after emailing them and asking them if they offer other colours, they confirmed that they can only offer the colour in terracotta due to the materials it's made off.

Forge Silicone Boost Hose 1.8T 210/225 - S3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car

Now if this was a cold silicone hose I wouldn't be to fussed on what to replace it with - however as this hose gets very hot and has a lot of pressure going through it; I want to make sure I don't need to replace it in the near future.

So I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these two -

£39.99 + delivery

BAM AMK APY APX SILICONE TURBO OUTLET PIPE » CreationsMotorsport

£66 (not sure about delivery) THS 101.4

SFS Performance - Silicone Hoses

Main reason why I'm asking this is due to the reply I got from Forge, as they said that that a company who can offer other colours for a replacement, will probably not last very long! So hasn't given me huge hope in other brands now...although CMS has confirmed they offer a lifetime guarantee with the part :)

What would you recommend or go with?

I've just recently fitted more or less the full car kit from SFS, very good quality and give good discounts too ;)

i have a cms one in blue, fit wasnt perfect but has been on the car for 9 months or so now and no signs of any wear :)

does the colour really matter when its wrapped in a heat blanket?

Cheers for the reply guys- good to hear positive reviews on both of the alternative products.

Well my hose wasn't wrapped in the first place with a heat blanket...and on my standard K04 I don't think it's necessary- the hose has never been replaced....so I expect its split due to wear and tear.

Forge one is made of a special silicone compound (forget the name) for the heat, but i doubt Creations will be the same,
if you use creations i would deff wrap it...IMO

Anybody using a relentless mani and going for a standard type hose compound would expect to burn through very quickly unless heat protection is at max

Forge one is made of a special silicone compound (forget the name) for the heat, but i doubt Creations will be the same,
if you use creations i would deff wrap it...IMO

Anybody using a relentless mani and going for a standard type hose compound would expect to burn through very quickly unless heat protection is at max

The Forge one is Nomex. Silicon is only good to ~200 deg C ambient.

The Forge one is Nomex. Silicon is only good to ~200 deg C ambient.

I've emailed CMS and they came back and confirmed their product is also made from the Nomex material and they offer a life time guarantee with that part.

Still waiting for a reply from SFS re: materials used and guarantee.

i have cms boost hoses from intercooler pipes, they were a lot cheaper, but they require a a lot of trimming to get a good fit.
but hey for the 50 odd quid cheaper that they are, i dont mind trimming.
Measure twice cut once is my only advice if you go with cms.
good luck

Or you could go the Forge second for £40 -

FORGE MOTORSPORT AUDI TT / S3 / LEON CUPRA R SILICONE TURBO HOSE FM225TH | eBay

edit- didn't see your colour preference in post so flag my idea.

Yep....don't get me wrong; I'm not a scene whore whose into his bags and American wheels, but I would like as much as possible to match :)

Seen quiet a few engine bays that look stunning and if it's not a black/red combo then they usually have a red pipe lurking in the background! lol Thought I'd eliminate going down that route now...

SFS is probably the option I'll go for due to fitment, but only if I they can budge on the price they've quoted me through email! Works out the most expensive out of the 3 options at the moment.

Forge always prove popular and a very good choice in terms of quality and fit.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Completely agree with you Damian re:quality and fit.

I just have an OCD issue with the colour of that particular hose; now that I have removed my engine cover for good and everything else in on it's way to being blue and cleaned up/replaced I want to get it right first time so I never have to replace them again.

If DPM can provide that hose in blue from either SFS/CMS or another company then drop me a PM mate - I did look at your site but I think your products are all Forge for the silicone hoses and they don't make them in blue :(

So it looks like i caught it just in time before it totally split and caused a major leak.

Ended up having to go for the CMS one really as they were the only company that could get it to me time, as I wasn't fitting it myself and had the car booked in today.

Was quiet a tight fit - but was happy it was sorted. (Forge SAI planking plate in the pic that was also fitted today :) )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 243
Hopefully mine will be like that also...but in blue :p

My turbo pipe is looking a little discounted and old so I have just ordered a forge item, I can't see it under the heat shielding normally anyway.

I've got a creation motorsports one for £40 on eBay. Has been ok since!

Reactions: kwistof
Is this hose a usual suspect for boost leaks etc as the car gets older? Mine is the standard pink one from the factory so it's 11 years old now. Is it an item that should really now be replaced as a preventative measure or is it one of those things that if it ain't broke don't fix it?