Which side of key in ignition?

Which way do you have the key facing in the ignition when you turn on the engine?

• Total voters

bluemoona3246

Reaction score
Just a boring Friday night and have been wondering how fellow A3/S3 drivers have their key in the ignition? Providing they don't have the advanced key option.

In my 8P, it goes in buttons away so that I can press the key fold button once the engine is running and the key body / key ring hang down.
That way my leg doesn't keep catching the keyring. Just more comfy for me.

Whichever way It happens to be........

My, you must be bored. If nothing else to do then :rtfm:

I have to have the buttons facing out, I'm quite OCD about it lol, if the wife picks me up and they are the wrong way, I will switch the car off and sort it.

Reactions: cbotved, Blackwhite, Helifella and 1 other person
Its not only me that does the inane polls then ... :tumble: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Blackwhite
I have to have the buttons facing out, I'm quite OCD about it lol, if the wife picks me up and they are the wrong way, I will switch the car off and sort it.
You let her d....

D.....

Drive....????

Reactions: bluemoona3246
haha, loving the responses here! :lmfao:
the in your pocket option isn't there because I said not advanced key. Interesting to see peoples opinions though, mine is the buttons facing away, not that I chose to but it always seems to be that way and now it sticks.

Reactions: Blackwhite
I'm still trying to get used to having a key, after six years off not having one. Thus mine is in my pocket because I forgot to take it out again :keule:

Reactions: elpaulio
In my 8P, it goes in buttons away so that I can press the key fold button once the engine is running and the key body / key ring hang down.
That way my leg doesn't keep catching the keyring. Just more comfy for me.

You b*****d
I have never thought about this till your post!!

Now, I am driving along this morning and all I can think about is the keys hitting my right leg.
I am going to have to sort stuff out now, to stop it happening......:motz:

Reactions: Blackwhite and Martinbanshee
Yeh, my keys are hitting my right leg all the time...