Which service in our car downloads what? Connect or Data Plan?

Ormesome

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to check something with all ye great people! I am about to take the plunge and buy an Audi Data Connection package, 25gb for 365 days. This means that I go the Audi route via Cubic Telecom and activate the service via the inbuilt sim, not add a separate sim as many of you do. I get 25gb all over Europe which is key for me as I travel around. I just wanted to know what downloads this will make via this connection? The key is that it doesn't use the Audi Connect internet connection as 25gb is fine for me as a Wifi hotspot for a year but if it is maps and other services in the car then I won't go with it as it isn't enough data. I can't find anything online to confirm this so any advice would be great.

I assume you have a separate mobile with a roaming data package why do you need an extra data package with the car. I’m pretty certain the maps are updated via Audi Connect.

Good afternoon,

I just wanted to check something with all ye great people! I am about to take the plunge and buy an Audi Data Connection package, 25gb for 365 days. This means that I go the Audi route via Cubic Telecom and activate the service via the inbuilt sim, not add a separate sim as many of you do. I get 25gb all over Europe which is key for me as I travel around. I just wanted to know what downloads this will make via this connection? The key is that it doesn't use the Audi Connect internet connection as 25gb is fine for me as a Wifi hotspot for a year but if it is maps and other services in the car then I won't go with it as it isn't enough data. I can't find anything online to confirm this so any advice would be great.
Is not the audi cubic telecom data plan expensive compared to just purchasing a seperate sim?

Unfortunately, I am now based in Switzerland where all you can eat data SIM cards do not exist. Well they do but on a monthly plan which turns out to be more than £50 a month. So with the Audi offer it works out at around £130 and for this I get 25gb and 365 days to use it, which works out way cheaper. I do not need all you can eat data, but I would like a hotspot in the car for when I drive to other neighbouring countries as my current phone plan only has 4gb of roaming data. Things outside of England are way more complicated and more expensive that you might think, data plans like 3’s simply do not exist and when they do the price is super high. It makes me realise how cheap life is in the Uk.

Anyway, that’s why I asked the question. Hopefully in context it makes more sense!

Unfortunately, I am now based in Switzerland where all you can eat data SIM cards do not exist. Well they do but on a monthly plan which turns out to be more than £50 a month. So with the Audi offer it works out at around £130 and for this I get 25gb and 365 days to use it, which works out way cheaper. I do not need all you can eat data, but I would like a hotspot in the car for when I drive to other neighbouring countries as my current phone plan only has 4gb of roaming data. Things outside of England are way more complicated and more expensive that you might think, data plans like 3’s simply do not exist and when they do the price is super high. It makes me realise how cheap life is in the Uk.

Anyway, that’s why I asked the question. Hopefully in context it makes more sense!
I see where you are coming from now and why you are asking the question