1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Which Remap

S3Steve Oct 3, 2015

1. S3Steve

S3Steve Registered User

Im thinking about remapping my A6 2.0 TDI, unlike with previous cars it isnt just for more power this time.I would like to improve the fuel economy too. I had a Jabbasport remap on my S3,I was very happy with that map as not only did it increase the power(and smiles) but when you stayed away from the loud pedal improved the economy too.I am quite interested in the Superchips Bluefin this time. What maps are everyone running? What has been the effect on driveability and what difference in fuel economy if any have you seen?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Registered User

where are you based, we can offer a remap discounted as you are a forum member. we are in the north east

4. S3Steve

S3Steve Registered User

Unfortunately im based in Peterborough mate,what sort of power figures are you producing and what sort of effect to economy do you typically see?

5. RoyC

RoyC Registered User

You also have to think about extra insurance cost. Will this outway what you save on fuel?

6. S3Steve

S3Steve Registered User

I have had remapped cars in the past and the insurance difference is negligable to be honest. As for the fuel savings i do around 20k miles per year so a 5 to 10% fuel economy improvement would make quite a large cost saving.

7. deanosabby

deanosabby Active Member VCDS Map User

I have a stage 2 remap on my 2.7 Tdi and it will still return over 50 to the gallon when cruising at 70. I have 260 bhp and 580nm of torque and the remap was done by Shark Performance.

8. Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps Registered User

We currently have a B8 A4 2.7 TDI from a forum member in getting a DPF EGR delete and remap' transforms the car and makes it slot more drivable and effortless

9. rallymangtb

rallymangtb Registered User

Hi all

Yr in the north east bit far away.is there anyone in the south that do discount mapping I'm in berkshire so surrounding areas maybe

Thank

10. R88RYY KING

R88RYY KING Registered User

I want to get my a4 b7 avant 2.0 tdi pd 170 remapped. There is a local guy who does mobile ob remaps for £99. Does this seem. Too cheep to be worthwhile doing. He says it's the same software as garages use that charge 100s more. The guy goes under a Facebook page called looney tuners!

11. rallymangtb

rallymangtb Registered User

Whats his name any idea ??

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. R88RYY KING

R88RYY KING Registered User

No just a Facebook business page in my area. Has a few reviews on there.