Which remap guys?

mac6967

Reaction score
So after nearly a year after my gf wrapping my 08 s2 round a tree I finally got a not her one:).... my previous s3 was remapped but I never know until the spark plugs went and a garage put in plugs which broke my engine, fun times.... so which remap would people recommend please as I'm really missing the extra power lol....

Right now,having run Revo software for many years,I'd say a custom map will give you more,and better.

The major companies such as APR and Revo produce good,dependable products,but a custom tuner like Rick @ Unicorn will work with you to get the most,plus the features you want.

My car has an aftermarket ECU and customised software,and the difference is huge.

Speak to Rick. @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.

Reactions: S.
I'm going to piggyback on this threat too if that's ok.

I too am looking towards the remap and having read numerous posts on the forum and following some of the S3 build I've decided I won't go for a plug & play remap but would rather have a custom map.

I've narrowed it down to:
  • R-Tech
  • Unicorn
  • Storm
That's not in any order and not an exclusive list - I just don't know of any others. I'm London based so may have to travel.

Reactions: S.
I'm going to piggyback on this threat too if that's ok.

I too am looking towards the remap and having read numerous posts on the forum and following some of the S3 build I've decided I won't go for a plug & play remap but would rather have a custom map.

• R-Tech
  • Unicorn
  • Storm
That's not in any order and not an exclusive list - I just don't know of any others. I'm London based so may have to travel.

Choose whichever offers the best combination of feedback,features and performance and factor in geography.

I know Rick has a deservedly good reputation and I can say that he's given me good free advice and I can also vouch personally for Storm and AMDTuning with Storm working on my car right now.

Have a good look through the forum and speak to each in turn.

AS above if you intend on other upgrades like exhaust, cai, HPFP upgrade, if your like me and a bit of a slow burner, I got a generic mid range map from superchips bluefin, that was plug and play and not harsh on the cars components, I`m slowly sorting my suspension at the moment and my car is a daily that the misses drives too that I will inherit one day and then start to think about other options, it all depends on how you use your car I guess.

Thanks guys and one know any good custom remappers in the Surrey area? Also nobody mentioned MRC are they no good

Thanks guys and one know any good custom remappers in the Surrey area? Also nobody mentioned MRC are they no good

I only ever quote or recommend people I know.
AMDTuning in Lakeside are also good and have done a lot of work for me.

MRC in Banbury have a good reputation. Often mentioned on Audi Tuner. Lots of work on RS6 type cars.
They fitted a Milltek to my son's Golf7R and did a good job. Lots of interesting cars in the workshop at the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
As this is a remap discussion, is there anyone near Southampton who can do a reliable map that won't push the other components too hard (clutch etc).

I'm after a bit more power but don't want to go nuts. Also I have Audi extended warranty so want to avoid any complications with that, are they easy to "hide"?

As this is a remap discussion, is there anyone near Southampton who can do a reliable map that won't push the other components too hard (clutch etc).

I'm after a bit more power but don't want to go nuts. Also I have Audi extended warranty so want to avoid any complications with that, are they easy to "hide"?
Ive been using Regal Autosports for a few different thing. I was speaking with them about an APR remap. I haven't chosen to go with it yet. However have found them helpful. Pop in and see them.

My son bought an Audi Approved TTS a couple of months ago that already had a remap. They did not realise it was on the car. I thought it was going well but only found out properly when he took it to R-Tech for his own remap and they spotted the settings were not standard.

• R-Tech
  • Unicorn
  • Storm

I'd previously said I was going for a custom map but unfortunately my circumstances have changed - I'll be moving back to New Zealand at the end of the year and taking the S3 with me. I'll probably look closer at the APR StgII+ as we have a local APR dealer back there if I need support. I too have an expended warranty so need to take it slowly..

I just have this horrible feeling that all the parts I need will sell out or the price will go up so I need to purchase asap...

@The Governor - Regal Autosport as mentioned by @Mark A Greenwood

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood and The Governor