Which remap for Paddys S3?

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

Im ******** for a while mate because i took out audi's own insurance so cant see how i can remap without telling them and losing the Warranty as well :-(

Got a Revo agent in my road !!..but i wouldn't risk the warranty...thats half the reason i bought it !! :) :)

Im ******** for a while mate because i took out audi's own insurance so cant see how i can remap without telling them and losing the Warranty as well :-(

In my opinion, a remap + full is exhaust is a must with this car. Smoother, more responsive and of course quicker.

I had concerns about the loss of warranty so I went for an ABT remap at the Bath Audi garage. You get a two year warranty with the remap. However, at over 2 times the price of Revo most would find it hard to justify - I am just very risk averse. The extra piece of mind was worth it for me.

Thanks for that Craig, as someone who knows very little about the S3 world thats a great help so are you saying the ABT map is Audi approved ?

EDIT: Yea like you Bath seem to be the closest and as its an Audi Garage i suppose that would make it legit ?

Last edited:
Thanks for that Craig, as someone who knows very little about the S3 world thats a great help so are you saying the ABT map is Audi approved ?

EDIT: Yea like you Bath seem to be the closest and as its an Audi Garage i suppose that would make it legit ?

But you live in Surrey?? Not exactly close. Surely all Audi dealers do the ABT products??

Not according to the ABT web site, Bath is nearest ( apart from N.London and i would rather go to Bath..lol) I have emailed them to see what the score is. £2k st1 £7k stage 2 !! but not a problem if it keeps its warranty.

£2k st1 £7k stage 2 !! but not a problem if it keeps its warranty.

Stage 1 was £1300. The Stage 1 ABT map actually includes the Stage 2 map tables so there was no need for me to get it reflashed once I got the exhaust and air filter - and I didn't go for the ABT exhaust system as I think that was £3500 odd excluding fitting. I got a Milltek and an airfilter from AmD Woking and the map was not modified.

The North London garage isn't an Audi garage. The great thing about the Bath garage is they have a mapped S3 demo car which I drove before I decided to go for my map. With regard to the warranty - this comes from ABT for two years and NOT from Audi. If it was sold from an Audi garage by and Audi employee that is the best peace of mind you are going to get. I would urge you to check the small print for yourself though...

Stage 1 map = £1300?

Yup. I had concerns about the loss of warranty so I went for an ABT remap at the Bath Audi garage. You get a two year warranty with the remap. However, at over 2 times the price of Revo most would find it hard to justify - I am just very risk averse. The extra piece of mind was worth it for me - having just spent £26k on the car.

Well I wouldn't go Revo anyway. But if you've just mapped your car, they aren't gonna look for it anyways. I took the risk with my car and its out of warranty and I was fine, we are all different I guess.

Yea my problem is Nat that insured through Audi so i have to tell them really.

Well I wouldn't go Revo anyway. But if you've just mapped your car, they aren't gonna look for it anyways. I took the risk with my car and its out of warranty and I was fine, we are all different I guess.

Hi n8.. Still trying to pin you down on this one, dogg.. Why don't go with revo?

:lmfao: that's one way to dodge a question I spose big dawg...

So which did you use?

I can't see any reason that you've based your advice against using Revo's software on,other than some daft inference that it's in some way gay....

What is interesting is that most of the really high bhp S3s are running Revos software,and that's the majority of the 400bhp+ cars,but if that's gay,then so be it.....

I guess my point is that before dismissing something out of hand,I'd give the OP a reason for it.....frankly I have nothing against Shark,Superchips,and all of the others out there,but I would be looking for customer service,and a good upgrade path.

Last edited:
Because there software is like these 2 guys:

ngbbs4701a6af4c8b7.jpg

GAY.

Of course there is nothing wrong with being gay, I'm just not :laugh:

How many hightly tuned/ BT 2.0TFSIs do you see running Revo software? A sh!tload. How many do you see running Shark Peformance? Do they even have a stage 2+ or stage 3 and above tune? All over the world 2.0TFSIs are making awesome power and fast 1/4 mile times on Revo,their results and the company's success speaks for themself.

How many hightly tuned/ BT 2.0TFSIs do you see running Revo software? A sh!tload. How many do you see running Shark Peformance? Do they even have a stage 2+ or stage 3 and above tune? All over the world 2.0TFSIs are making awesome power and fast 1/4 mile times on Revo,their results and the company's success speaks for themself.

Yes they do. This is a stage 3 Shark map

ED30stg3.jpg

Perfect.

I know what you meant, my cousin's 1.8T TT is big turbo shark, but not dyno'd it yet. How come you chose GIAC and not Revo then?

Mainly due to geography and because Steve Junior @ Stattler Porsche/VW /Audi tuning uses GIAC, and I wanted to use him due to his amazing,extensive knowledge and great customer service. I'm very happy with GIAC, especially as I have a custom map from USA but wouldn't hesitate to use REVO.

Think its gone up since you paid 1300.

So it has - £1900 now. Shhheeeeettttt. I think that it was advertised as 1/3 off on their website when I got it done and even then I thought it was too much. The stage 2 is rubbish - it is designed for an A3 really as their turbo can;t be much better than the standard S3 one. 330bhp is easily possible without a new turbo.

Have you thought about just cancelling your insurance and getting insured elsewhere? The difference between the insurance cost and the cost of the map makes that the sensible option - right...?

You know what guys, for the time being i'm going to enjoy it for what it is. thanks all the same :yes:

OH MY FRICKIN LIFE i leave the forum for a few weeks and the world turns on its head!! welcome to the club Pads!!! :)

I use Tesco Value Software

Well...thats a pretty helpful and intelligent response.

Shark Performance's Stage 3 map,as you may have noticed is pump specific software for stock turbo cars,and is equivalent to Revo's Stg2+ or GIAC's Extreme map.

It doesn't matter what you call it,as they don't seem to offer software for BT versions of the S3 8P,and even if they did,they'd be starting from the beginning in terms of market.

As akash has said,the real high power 8P market has been taken by Revo......I'm perfectly happy with a "gay" 450bhp,and a good few of my friends over at the other forum seem to manage as well.

I do like a good **** swinging thread :p

Paddy, have a chat with your dealer, see if they would wing it so you can have a play with the car, thing is, I know of several people with S3's who have done work & still kept the warranty etc, even people went back with issues & got work done under warranty tbh.