Which remap for a 2008 S3

Oreo5000

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Considering a stage 1 remap for my 2008 S3 but not sure which direction to take..
Any advice would really be appreciated.

What will I get out of stage 1? and will I need any additional upgrades to accompany the remap?

Thanks for your help

Nick

Hi Guys,Considering a stage 1 remap for my 2008 S3 but not sure which direction to take..Any advice would really be appreciated.What will I get out of stage 1? and will I need any additional upgrades to accompany the remap?Thanks for your helpNick
You'd be looking at around 310-320bhp,and you would not need any other bits to go with it,but if you have any further plans,changing the exhaust will help you to get the best out of this,and any further remaps.
Mine is a 2008 S3,and I chose Revo for the software,due to the aftersales and backup,plus the upgrade path.....getting to Stg2 and 2+ is not horribly costly,although you would need the exhaust,HPFP and intake for 2+,but beyond that,it gets very expensive.....2+ as a maximum would give excellent performance,and keeps costs to something sensible.

Thanks Alex,

I don't think I'd go any further than stage one so would you still recommend Revo for this?
The closest authorised dealer to me is here: Revotechnik

Any ideas what I'd be looking at in terms of £££?

Also is it purely a horsepower bump or do you see other benefits from this?

Thanks again

Revo have a special offer on this month something like 10% off and a free SPS unit (switching device, stock, Race etc)

Looking at around £540.

Thanks Alex,I don't think I'd go any further than stage one so would you still recommend Revo for this?The closest authorised dealer to me is here: RevotechnikAny ideas what I'd be looking at in terms of £££?Also is it purely a horsepower bump or do you see other benefits from this?Thanks again
I didn't think I would go beyond Stg1,but it's now waiting for the Stg4 software!.....anyway,I would have no hesitation in recommending Revo,plus they are offering 10% off their software,and a free SPS to switch the software from stock to performance modes.
If I remember,it's about £500,so with the 10% off and the switch,it's decent value for a good product,plus you will get a very useful gain in torque(about 40-50lbs)which makes a huge difference to the way it drives.
Revo | Welcome to Revo

Does this affect it's 0-60 at all?
Any recommendations on where to have it done in the North/North East area?

Does this affect it's 0-60 at all?Any recommendations on where to have it done in the North/North East area?
I don't know about the northeast area,but Revo are based in Daventry Northants,and can do the work,and also will give you a list of retailers.
You will notice a bit of an improvement in 0-60 times if that's what you're after,but the real benefit is in driveability and midrange torque.....that's worth a whole lot more than a bit off the 0-60.

Absolutely, that was more just out of curiosity.
Sounds like this is the way to go then, I'll get in touch with them!
Thanks for your help

Absolutely, that was more just out of curiosity.Sounds like this is the way to go then, I'll get in touch with them!Thanks for your help
A pleasure.....you can even run the software as a trial and see if you like the results before buying,but give them a call and you'll get some helpful advice,and I think you'll enjoy the results.

Is that one in Northants just another authorised dealer like the one here in Hull? Arent Revo themselves a US company?

Is that one in Northants just another authorised dealer like the one here in Hull? Arent Revo themselves a US company?
No...that's actually Revo's global HQ in Northants.

Ah yeah sorry I just spotted the address on their website!
They're all good folks and know what they're dealing with...Carl and Kev have been very helpful to me,and actually saved me a lot of time and money on parts which wouldn't have worked had I bought them(like a hybrid turbo,which looked good on paper etc).