Which pads 'n' discs?

Vambovibrainia

Reaction score
Hello all

Please could someone give me some advice as to what brake pads and discs I should get? They will be my first set since I've had the car and I can't find a decent performance set anywhere, or I'm looking in all the wrong places. I have a 2017 S6 avant.

Thanks

Ricky

Reactions: marriedblonde
I struggled to find any decent discs for the S6, the only place that I could find was in germany and they can supply drilled discs for €650 plus delivery.

For pads I have gone for EDC redstuff pads all round. Great pads and low dust.

Reactions: Gazwould and Vambovibrainia
I struggled to find any decent discs for the S6, the only place that I could find was in germany and they can supply drilled discs for €650 plus delivery.

For pads I have gone for EDC redstuff pads all round. Great pads and low dust.
Thanks for that, I thought it might just be me not looking in the right places!

For my old A6 tdi I could choose any pad and disc from ebc, I can't believe how limited it is for a new S6! I didn't suppose any RS6 discs would fit?

Cheers

Oh and please let us know how you get on. At the moment I am red pads from EDC but at some point will upgrade the discs and pads and it looks like the above is the only option.

J.

Reactions: Vambovibrainia
The german company that does the drilled discs can be contacted by this email address "Bernd Seiler" Vandit-
Performance@web.de

They speak brilliant english.
Hello and thanks for the info!

I eventually found the company you put forward and yes they do some great stuff! Literally as I was on line looking one of the guys from AMD tuning called me back (as I’m trying everyone at the minute!) and suggested a company called Tarox performance brakes. They have a choice of three performance discs and three sets of pads plus they build bespoke parts.

It’s an Italian company and their reviews are great so I’ve just spent £1098 inc vat and delivery for one day this week. Thanks for all your help

Hello J.

This is a list of what I ordered from Tarox:
CF93BBA7 1CB0 43E3 99FD 5DABDEBBFBB9

I don't ant to be the bearer of bad news... But I don't think they are going to fit! Looking at the specs for the 9256-f2000 they are 356mm x 34mm and not 400x38mm

The rears look too small as well as they are showing as 330x22mm and I think the S6 uses 356x22mm discs.

Unless the detailed specs on their site is incorrect which is very possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambovibrainia
I don't ant to be the bearer of bad news... But I don't think they are going to fit! Looking at the specs for the 9256-f2000 they are 356mm x 34mm and not 400x38mm

The rears look too small as well as they are showing as 330x22mm and I think the S6 uses 356x22mm discs.

Unless the detailed specs on their site is incorrect which is very possible.
Yes you’re correct! I’ve just had them get back to me with another option for the 400mm discs, basically another £1000 in total. I think I may be going stock at this point!

Thanks again.

I considered upgrading my brakes to S6, but the lack of options and the high costs put me off.
From what I could see Audi were the only option for a standard 400mm front disc, before big money on custom 2 piece bells and discs.
Would be interested if you find a lower cost option than Audi.

Reactions: Vambovibrainia and marriedblonde
I considered upgrading my brakes to S6, but the lack of options and the high costs put me off.
From what I could see Audi were the only option for a standard 400mm front disc, before big money on custom 2 piece bells and discs.
Would be interested if you find a lower cost option than Audi.

The only option I have found is the german one above who can supply drilled discs for £650 for the pair. Apart from that I have drawn a blank.

Im now booked in for all discs n pads to be fitted next week, all will be stock parts and are costing £1300 inc vat and fitted. I don’t think it’s that bad but I am disappointed with the lack of choice for the S6. For drilled n grooved discs which are for fast road plus track days are an extra £1000 from Tarox. I’ve now just put on a cat back miltek exhaust with black tips and it now sounds like a real V8! I definitely rate this option as I’ve heard the akroprovic system and the miltek is miles better plus is £4K cheaper! I’ve also just had it tuned by AMD tuning and i am comparing it to the 911 turbo now. The torque is amazing! It just keeps on going and you do have to take your foot off! I will be changing the down pipes but don’t know which ones either APR or Miltek? Fun, fun, fun!! ☺️

Did you go for the resonated miltek or not? OR did you go for the full valved jobby?
Did you go for the resonated miltek or not? OR did you go for the full valved jobby?
I got the valved version as the wife goes out at 6am, as long as you remember to take it out of dynamic the night before

Reactions: marriedblonde and mcwharam