Which oil to use on 2.0T FSI?

psd99

Reaction score
My oil is slightly low and I've only done about 4-5 k since the last service (long life service apparently :()

I will need to put oil in soon - which oil do you all normally get and where from?

You should only top up the oil with the same viscosity as what was original put in. Don't you have the service records or know where it was done? If it it's the long life service and was VAG serviced then I guess it will be long life fully synthetic 5-40 expensive stuff....and you can buy a litre from any VAG dealership. I have the same engine and I have taken my car off those crazy long service things. I do oil and filter change every 6k Miles with fully synthetic 5 - 40 Castrol Edge and now on Champion fully synth 5 - 40. I am lucky, my BGB engine so far ( touch wood ) isn't an oil burner.

Cheers
MM

You should only top up the oil with the same viscosity as what was original put in. Don't you have the service records or know where it was done? If it it's the long life service and was VAG serviced then I guess it will be long life fully synthetic 5-40 expensive stuff....and you can buy a litre from any VAG dealership. I have the same engine and I have taken my car off those crazy long service things. I do oil and filter change every 6k Miles with fully synthetic 5 - 40 Castrol Edge and now on Champion fully synth 5 - 40. I am lucky, my BGB engine so far ( touch wood ) isn't an oil burner.

Cheers
MM

I got the records I could probably find out via receipts or log book will look

it was long life so probably was synthetic 5-40 expensive stuff - but I only got serviced perhaps 4 k miles ago and the engine oil seems to be on the low level now

I get the oil change - seems simple but changing the oil filter how hard is it for someone who is incompetent in motors like me?

Is the oil level light coming on or are you using the dip stick? Unfortunately, I hear quite a lot of 2.0t owners are burning a bit of oil...some more than others....and there seems to be no rhyme or reason which engine codes it affects....it seems to be the luck of the draw.

Join the club in mechanical incompetence....that's why I am on here! hahaha to learn from others. The oil change is easy if you have a ramp or pits...which I don't and because of my bodykit I can't even get under the ****** car from outside my house! If you are a numpty like me you'll find a good friendly local garage that will just charge you labour and buy the oil and VAG filter yourself and get them to do it. The longest part of the job is taking off the ****** plastic undertray cover under the engine to get at the sump! I get charged a hundred quid for oil and filter change...but that with oil. I buy my sump plug and filter from the local Audi garage. It's normally 125 quid an hour plus 25% vat for labour here in VAG Sweden....but my lads only charge me 55 quid an hour...and I know in the UK it's a lot less using a good local indie garage.

Cheers
A

Last edited:
hello it is just the dipstick no light on the dash or anything yet

ok thanks