which oil should i use????

a4 cabrio

Reaction score
i have recently bought my car (2005 audi a4 2.5 v6 tdi), its got full audi history on a long life service, it was last serviced 6000 miles ago in may 2010.

now i know people arent big fans of this long life service plan, so i was looking into leaving it on the long life service plan, but doing an oil change myself, inbetween each service. would i be right in using the same castrol long life oil which audi have been using when they service the car, or should i change oils altogether and tell audi which oil i want them to use, like it would be the oil used on a 12 month or mileage service???

thanks

PS, i did try and search for the answer, but couldnt find it, sorry if this is a repetitive question on here

i followed your link, but they only come up with valvoline oil, is that any good??? i was thinking of using castrol, as thats all the car seems to have had in it

so sticking with castrol long life oil would be ok, even changing it at half the intervals it should be???

yeah i do it mate i think the long life is a better oil any way as its made to last longer with out braking down to much well that my way of thinking any way lol

thanks simon, appreciate your help

just 1 more thing, is there anyway i can check miles remaining to next service on the driver info system??? or is it just the usual miles countdown that appears 1000 miles from service??

If you press the spanner button that's by the mileage re-set button that should tell you how many miles until your next service.....

HTH,

Alan

lol i have looked at that and wondered what its for, i didnt want to press it if i didnt know what it was for. sorry, i am on my 1st audi, i suppose i should have had a flick through the manual

lol i have looked at that and wondered what its for, i didnt want to press it if i didnt know what it was for. sorry, i am on my 1st audi, i suppose i should have had a flick through the manual

It's my first Audi too.

just given it a quick clean today, I was going to apply some protection, but I need to clay it first..... :-(

i have had mine a month now, and yeaterday was the 1st decent day of weather where i have had the chance to give it a good clean. i clayed it as well, come up really well, took me about 3 hours all together to do tthe inside and out.

went out to it this morning and a bird had s**t on it lol grrrrrrrr

How about Quantum Longlife 3 Oil from TPS.

I paid £35 for 6 ltrs

thats what i use in mine it is made by castrol for audi i belive