1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Which mirror glass?

Slackworth Jan 19, 2016

1. Slackworth

Slackworth Registered User

In addition to my glow plug issue, VCDS has also thrown a wobbler on the passenger side door mirror glass - unfortunately the heater has gone on the mirror and throwing an error code - only one side worked in the snow we had over the weekend as well.

Trying to find a slightly cheaper source than Audi as over £200 seems a hell of a lot of money but not 100% sure which to buy as there is flat, convex and spherical. In addition to this I have memory seats and auto-dimming mirrors. If I can get the right part code I'll go off hunting on eBay Germany etc but just not sure which one it is!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Its more like £300 tbh from Audi, I may have 1 from a cancelled order, I'll check, put a pic up as there are 2 shapes.

4. jetty

jetty Registered User

Mine blew a couple years back - a heated mirror is a tenner! But with the auto dimming feature you're looking at £200+ (part only).
    So either replace with a mirror which is heated only, or try and find one from a breaker.

5. Slackworth

Slackworth Registered User

I think it's a convex shape one from mashing the PR codes in from the book.

Attached Files:

6. sixpot

sixpot Registered User

Haha! mines exactly the same (no heating on nearside) the glass is £220 from TPS, be careful buying from ebay, as the glass may fit,but may be from a LHD car, (a lot of the sellers of the glasses are foreign) only buy a replacement with the exact same part number as the one fitted.