WHICH Lowering Springs for A4 B9

Tommy_Egan

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Newbie here..

Has anyone tried to lower 2017+ A4 B9 Saloon or Avant

I have done some extensive research and it seems only two Brands are available in the UK

Eibach - Pro Kit lowers F+R 30mm and Sportline F 45mm + R 40mm

Emmanuelle Design (USA brand but available in UK) - F+R 40mm

Bear in mind Sport suspension is already 20mm lower from factory.

The USA has available H&R F+R 40mm

and 034Motorsport F+R 50mm

I am awaiting confirmation from H&R Germany if the kit they supply the USA fits UK Specs B9

It appears no one in the UK has lowered a B9 unless I can not find any information/pics.

If anyone has any information, please share it on this thread..

I have some Eibachs on order for my S4 Avant so will be able to post some photos when they’re fitted.

In the meantime...

e018b34c9b92092805df01ffca5ca744.jpg

eb2c86a4fb5107c42d2cf958255040fa.jpg

8d00d3fb28258157549aa32e880ca28f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some Eibachs on order for my S4 Avant so will be able to post some photos when they’re fitted.

In the meantime...

e018b34c9b92092805df01ffca5ca744.jpg

eb2c86a4fb5107c42d2cf958255040fa.jpg

8d00d3fb28258157549aa32e880ca28f.jpg

This looks ace! Is this yours, the saloon? Has it been lowered? Which springs?

Which Eibach kit have you gone for on the Avant?

My concern with the Eibach Sportline kit is the F 45mm drop will be too much

The car is already looks lower from the front so 40mm on the rear won't look that great

Unless I'm shown otherwise

This looks ace! Is this yours, the saloon? Has it been lowered? Which springs?

Which Eibach kit have you gone for on the Avant?

My concern with the Eibach Sportline kit is the F 45mm drop will be too much

The car is already looks lower from the front so 40mm on the rear won't look that great

Unless I'm shown otherwise

It’s a mates car rather than mine.

I spoke to Graeme at GNJ and he sorted me out with some Eibachs that are suitable for daily. Once I have them on I’ll take some photos though.

It’s a mates car rather than mine.

I spoke to Graeme at GNJ and he sorted me out with some Eibachs that are suitable for daily. Once I have them on I’ll take some photos though.

Look forward to it

Which drop is it?

Also any idea on labour cost on installing?

Look forward to it

Which drop is it?

Also any idea on labour cost on installing?

If I remember rightly it’s a 20mm drop from stock S4... Don’t quote me though. I asked him for an option that looked better but wasn’t silly for everyday.

I have a friend that installs and quoted £80 as it’ll take a couple hours.

If I remember rightly it’s a 20mm drop from stock S4... Don’t quote me though. I asked him for an option that looked better but wasn’t silly for everyday.

I have a friend that installs and quoted £80 as it’ll take a couple hours.

Awaiting your pics :)

Awaiting your pics :)

I've sent an email to the dealer today to see about an update but not heard anything back yet so no idea when they might come in... I've not heard anything back so I'll phone tomorrow if I still haven't, hopefully that'll come up with something!

I've sent an email to the dealer today to see about an update but not heard anything back yet so no idea when they might come in... I've not heard anything back so I'll phone tomorrow if I still haven't, hopefully that'll come up with something!

I've had a thought and thinking to mix the Eibach kits up..

Use the ProKit 30mm Springs on the Front
And use the Sportsline 40mm Springs on the Rear

But just unsure about 30mm on the Front as it may not be enough of a drop. Sports suspension is already 20mm lower so I'll just gain 10mm on the front

Mine already sits lower on the rear (relative to the arch) so if I was going to do anything it would be the other way round I think... :)

I'm pretty sure that it's the Pro Kit that I'm getting so I'll keep you posted with how much it drops versus the S4 adaptive jobs.

Mine already sits lower on the rear (relative to the arch) so if I was going to do anything it would be the other way round I think... :)

I'm pretty sure that it's the Pro Kit that I'm getting so I'll keep you posted with how much it drops versus the S4 adaptive jobs.

Am I right in saying the S4 is the same with Sports Supension so sits 20mm lower too?

Prokit is 30mm so will give you 10mm front and back.. will have to await pics.

Shame h&r haven't released anything for the UK as their 40mm springs seem ideal.

Am I right in saying the S4 is the same with Sports Supension so sits 20mm lower too?

Prokit is 30mm so will give you 10mm front and back.. will have to await pics.

Shame h&r haven't released anything for the UK as their 40mm springs seem ideal.

Could be right there! I did ask for a good drop that was daily-able so I imagine that's what he's ordered for me.

Might be that it's not enough for me in the end but I'll have to wait and see I think.

Have you considered the ABT height adjustable springs, these have a range of 15 - 40 mm drop.
I am put off a little bit about dropping the suspension on mine when I saw this note on the ABT specifications as I have the driver assistance pack.

“After mounting the ABT - suspension springs the position of the head lamps and axle needs to be checked and possibly re-agjusted (work incl. in the assembly costs).
The final lowering depends on the individual configuration of the vehicle; the lowering might be 20-25mm less for vehicles with Audi serial sport suspension.
Addtionally and depending on the serial car configuration further technical systems (for example: Audi lane assist; adaptive cruise control; rear assist; parking system plus, etc.) needs to be checked and possibly re-adjusted
In this regards it is necessary to follow the current instructions of the manufacturer. The cost for possibly additional work is not included in the assembly time and therefore needs to be charged additionally.”

Just spoke to Eco Tune in Scotland this afternoon.

Emmanuelle Design's UK distributors and they have told me Emmanuelle Design have advised they have fitted their springs to a 1.4 TFSI in Russia and are compatible however the car does have some reverse rake due to the weight of the car.

I have asked for pictures from the car in Russia to see how it looks.

Been told they work perfect with other engine lines.

Have you considered the ABT height adjustable springs, these have a range of 15 - 40 mm drop.
I am put off a little bit about dropping the suspension on mine when I saw this note on the ABT specifications as I have the driver assistance pack.

“After mounting the ABT - suspension springs the position of the head lamps and axle needs to be checked and possibly re-agjusted (work incl. in the assembly costs).
The final lowering depends on the individual configuration of the vehicle; the lowering might be 20-25mm less for vehicles with Audi serial sport suspension.
Addtionally and depending on the serial car configuration further technical systems (for example: Audi lane assist; adaptive cruise control; rear assist; parking system plus, etc.) needs to be checked and possibly re-adjusted
In this regards it is necessary to follow the current instructions of the manufacturer. The cost for possibly additional work is not included in the assembly time and therefore needs to be charged additionally.”

When I was under the car at Milltek I actually looked to see about the droplinks for the headlight adjustment. If I remember right there’s one in each corner, if not then at least one per axle. To me that means so long as the drop is the same front and rear there shouldn’t be too much problem as I assume it compares them rather than just relying on an absolute value from a single one on the rear.

Just a thought though.

Reactions: Soot1e
Finally some clarification from H&R Germany.

They do not have any listed springs for the B9 with Audi Drive Select.

They suspect part number 28757-4 will fit but are not 100% as they've not been tested with ADS.

Eibach UK have confirmed their Pro Kit and Sportline kit fit ALL A4 B9 models except the S4.

I have finally come to the conclusion I will go for the Eibach Sportline kit with hope the 5mm lower on the front is barely noticeable.

Hi im new Audi driver , i have standar dynamic suspension on my A4 B9 ...if i use only lowering springs guys you think I'll have problems? Do i need sport suspension also?

If you have standard suspension. Ie the sport trim and above use lower springs from factory. Go with eibach pro springs as they’ll still work with standard dampers.

Hi im new Audi driver , i have standar dynamic suspension on my A4 B9 ...if i use only lowering springs guys you think I'll have problems? Do i need sport suspension also?

The sports suspension is just a slight drop of the springs from factory. Like I said go for the pro line Eibach. They will work correctly with your shocks / dampers

The sports suspension is just a slight drop of the springs from factory. Like I said go for the pro line Eibach. They will work correctly with your shocks / dampers
So you mean this 30mm set right? I want lower car but not destroy my suspension...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
I contact with them because i have A4 b9 1.4 and i receive this answer:

"unfortunately, in our catalog we haven't this engine version. We work with european catalog, so there's possibility, it not include all versions of A4. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee, that set for 1.4 TFSI (which seems similar) will fit."

So I'm confused now... will they fit ?

The will fit but will sit too high. It’s to do with axel weight. Check the axel weights against your cars info. I know the diesel versions are heavier.

“Front Axle Load:
1260kg
Rear Axle Load:
1250kg”

d6c063a09405c03113efa77336cdb942.jpg

From the link you sent.

I checked the part number from your link. Seems to be for diesel cars. Meaning you won’t get the correct ride hight. E10-15-023-08-22

Last edited:
I contact with them because i have A4 b9 1.4 and i receive this answer:

"unfortunately, in our catalog we haven't this engine version. We work with european catalog, so there's possibility, it not include all versions of A4. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee, that set for 1.4 TFSI (which seems similar) will fit."

So I'm confused now... will they fit ?

That is the wrong part numbers.
b14f8fb88378d99175e58c045af8e82a.jpg

This is the eibach part number you need. E10-15-023-04-22

Check this link. Scroll down and it’ll list the models for this part number.

961732be2365e2299382d2303ee8ccb1.png

So springs came and installed...car looks beautiful but i thinks it will be better with a sport suspension :)
Any suggestions for suspension? Bilstein or something else that will fit with eibach pro kit ?

You definitely want the bilstein b8 shocks. If you bought the shocks and springs together you could have saved some money. The kit is called b12 (bilstein b8 and eibach pro kit)

Another option to tighten up the steering is to check all bolts are tight. My mechanic does this for me every year. My wife recently got a b9 a5 cabriolet which is the same underpinnings as the a4 and we found steering was somewhat loose feeling. After tightening up it was all sorted. A simple improvement.

You could also go for strut braces.
25bc864a391bd2f9998d464e1ec8df42.png

b43a228c431d7e38092c40373504a232.png

I didn't take any photos before sorry...car is 2cm lower but its enough....i feel it more smoothly but its jumping a lot i think... that's why im thinking of sport suspension....but i don't want to became very hard either

So if im not wrong those are right code's for bilstein 24-262309
24-262323 ?
@ WesT-gefül you already have b12 pro kit installed? It will be tougher in puddles with bilstein?

Not sure if the part number for them as they would be model dependant. Going by axel weight. No don’t have them installed. Yeah they will be much former. The a4 isn’t known for smooth driving especially with 19” rims. Will be getting them come time for replacement shocks. I did however install ebc red stuff pads and oem replacement disks for better stopping power. Best investment. I did a post about them.