1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

WHICH Lowering Springs for A4 B9

Tommy_Egan Oct 31, 2017

1. Tommy_Egan

Tommy_Egan Registered User

Hi Guys. Newbie here..

Has anyone tried to lower 2017+ A4 B9 Saloon or Avant

I have done some extensive research and it seems only two Brands are available in the UK

Eibach - Pro Kit lowers F+R 30mm and Sportline F 45mm + R 40mm

Emmanuelle Design (USA brand but available in UK) - F+R 40mm

Bear in mind Sport suspension is already 20mm lower from factory.

The USA has available H&R F+R 40mm

and 034Motorsport F+R 50mm

I am awaiting confirmation from H&R Germany if the kit they supply the USA fits UK Specs B9

It appears no one in the UK has lowered a B9 unless I can not find any information/pics.

If anyone has any information, please share it on this thread..

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

I have some Eibachs on order for my S4 Avant so will be able to post some photos when they’re fitted.

In the meantime...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tommy_Egan

This looks ace! Is this yours, the saloon? Has it been lowered? Which springs?

Which Eibach kit have you gone for on the Avant?

My concern with the Eibach Sportline kit is the F 45mm drop will be too much

The car is already looks lower from the front so 40mm on the rear won't look that great

Unless I'm shown otherwise

5. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

It’s a mates car rather than mine.

I spoke to Graeme at GNJ and he sorted me out with some Eibachs that are suitable for daily. Once I have them on I’ll take some photos though.

6. Tommy_Egan

Look forward to it

Which drop is it?

Also any idea on labour cost on installing?

7. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

If I remember rightly it’s a 20mm drop from stock S4... Don’t quote me though. I asked him for an option that looked better but wasn’t silly for everyday.

I have a friend that installs and quoted £80 as it’ll take a couple hours.

8. Tommy_Egan

Awaiting your pics :)

9. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

I've sent an email to the dealer today to see about an update but not heard anything back yet so no idea when they might come in... I've not heard anything back so I'll phone tomorrow if I still haven't, hopefully that'll come up with something!

10. Tommy_Egan

I've had a thought and thinking to mix the Eibach kits up..

Use the ProKit 30mm Springs on the Front
    And use the Sportsline 40mm Springs on the Rear

But just unsure about 30mm on the Front as it may not be enough of a drop. Sports suspension is already 20mm lower so I'll just gain 10mm on the front

11. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

Mine already sits lower on the rear (relative to the arch) so if I was going to do anything it would be the other way round I think... :)

I'm pretty sure that it's the Pro Kit that I'm getting so I'll keep you posted with how much it drops versus the S4 adaptive jobs.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Tommy_Egan

Am I right in saying the S4 is the same with Sports Supension so sits 20mm lower too?

Prokit is 30mm so will give you 10mm front and back.. will have to await pics.

Shame h&r haven't released anything for the UK as their 40mm springs seem ideal.

14. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

Could be right there! I did ask for a good drop that was daily-able so I imagine that's what he's ordered for me.

Might be that it's not enough for me in the end but I'll have to wait and see I think.

15. Soot1e

Soot1e Registered User

Have you considered the ABT height adjustable springs, these have a range of 15 - 40 mm drop.
    I am put off a little bit about dropping the suspension on mine when I saw this note on the ABT specifications as I have the driver assistance pack.

“After mounting the ABT - suspension springs the position of the head lamps and axle needs to be checked and possibly re-agjusted (work incl. in the assembly costs).
    The final lowering depends on the individual configuration of the vehicle; the lowering might be 20-25mm less for vehicles with Audi serial sport suspension.
    Addtionally and depending on the serial car configuration further technical systems (for example: Audi lane assist; adaptive cruise control; rear assist; parking system plus, etc.) needs to be checked and possibly re-adjusted
    In this regards it is necessary to follow the current instructions of the manufacturer. The cost for possibly additional work is not included in the assembly time and therefore needs to be charged additionally.”

16. Tommy_Egan

Just spoke to Eco Tune in Scotland this afternoon.

Emmanuelle Design's UK distributors and they have told me Emmanuelle Design have advised they have fitted their springs to a 1.4 TFSI in Russia and are compatible however the car does have some reverse rake due to the weight of the car.

I have asked for pictures from the car in Russia to see how it looks.

Been told they work perfect with other engine lines.

17. Daggerit

Daggerit Registered User

When I was under the car at Milltek I actually looked to see about the droplinks for the headlight adjustment. If I remember right there’s one in each corner, if not then at least one per axle. To me that means so long as the drop is the same front and rear there shouldn’t be too much problem as I assume it compares them rather than just relying on an absolute value from a single one on the rear.

Just a thought though.

Soot1e likes this.
  18. Tommy_Egan

Finally some clarification from H&R Germany.

They do not have any listed springs for the B9 with Audi Drive Select.

They suspect part number 28757-4 will fit but are not 100% as they've not been tested with ADS.

Eibach UK have confirmed their Pro Kit and Sportline kit fit ALL A4 B9 models except the S4.

I have finally come to the conclusion I will go for the Eibach Sportline kit with hope the 5mm lower on the front is barely noticeable.