which is better

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
is this meguiars Quick clay any good and is 50g clay bar and the lube that comes with it enough to do 2 cars? or is it better to buy bilt hamber 200g soft or regular clay and use water?

Last edited:
Regular is fine if you are claying the car for the first time, there is no need to use the whole bar (cut in half) .Use a tar&Glue remover on the lowers / sill's, using t&g on these area's will clear most of the road tar and grime and will save you clay bar from getting wrecked .

Last edited:
for a lube just use water with a dash of shampoo in with it. no point buying expensive clay lubes mate when water and shampoo does the same job

sonus clay bar with either poorboys lube or dodojuice bornslippy it is true what twiggy says but i have tried that method and just using water method and find using the poorboys or dodojuice makes it easier and helps with the clay bar lasting as it does not cause sticking as the water i found kept drying off.

for a lube just use water with a dash of shampoo in with it. no point buying expensive clay lubes mate when water and shampoo does the same job
i always use water with a little shampoo in it ive never had a problemo with it i dont see the point either its just wasted money in my opinion

would head n shoulders stop the white dust settling too?

on a more serious note was looking on clean your car website n noticed the sell alcohol to clean the pannels before applying wax/polish after claying this worth doing??

When polishing a car with a Rotary/DA use IPA (alcohol) to wipe down the panel to inspect the level of correction. IPA will brake down the oil's in the polish, it also saves time buffing off the polish after each pass . We buy IPA in bulk which needs to be diluted with water, it's a must have product.... Darren I can bring some to the meet on Sunday .

I use Meguires polish every time..Produce little dust and also smells good than other polishes..I only use Clay bar if there is lots of dust, swirls road grime...And yes no brushes of towels,only use micro-fiber cloths...

claying only needs to be done twice a year, unless your about to machine polish the car otherwise it will ruin your pads. i only clay my car twice a year but dont do much mileage so it stays pretty clean. ive seen some serious contaminated panels and will ruin a bar asap

When polishing a car with a Rotary/DA use IPA (alcohol) to wipe down the panel to inspect the level of correction. IPA will brake down the oil's in the polish, it also saves time buffing off the polish after each pass . We buy IPA in bulk which needs to be diluted with water, it's a must have product.... Darren I can bring some to the meet on Sunday .

cheers col so its really used to de-comtaminate the paint before appling products and not used inbetween coats good to know

IPA is not designed to clean the paint as such, it's job is to wipe off the oils after the polish has broken down when using a rotary or DA. If you hand polish your car (not seal or wax) you could use IPA after the polishing to wide the panel down before appling a glaze,sealent or wax.