WHICH IS BETTER ?? CONCERT or SYMPHONY ????

doug.p

Reaction score
quick question
i have a concert head unit with Bose speakers
is this the best setup in terms of quality
if not, then what is and is it possible to do a simple retrofit
also any tips on sound improvement are much appreciated

thanks

ok - so no sound quality difference ??
i sent you an email via your website - did you get it?
about retro fitting sat nav with bluetooth and tv unlocked?

Exactly the same spec although the Symphony has more control over the sound. It has some hidden EQ settings and a middle control, the Concert only has Bass & Treble. Not that they do much with the flat EQ on the Bose system. If you want to liven up the sound a bit then snip the earth going to the Bose pin on the back of the HU. That will give you better control of the sound.

hi
to pick up on this again
exactly how will this improve the sound and whats the easyiest way of cutting this wire in terms of access - dont want to remove the HU inless needed
thanks

i too would like to know how cutting the earth would do anything except render the bose amp dead

Render the Bose amp dead? Yes that's exactly what it does, which is why I recommend it!
The Bose wire is purely an earth to the Bose pin on the HU which flattens the EQ of the HU i.e. no highs no lows it must be Bose. Whereas every other HU in the world has a smiley face EQ where you can adjust the Bass and treble and it actually changes the bass & treble, Bose don't really want you meddling with their muffled "sounds great in a lab" sound and would rather you listen to their settings as defined in the Bose amp. Snipping the earth going to the Bose pin just reverts the HU back to the EQ settings of a non Bose HU, so far more control over Bass & Treble. You can only access it by pulling the HU, all of a 5 minute job, just ensure you don't pull the HU out using the release keys, but remove the glovebox and push it from behind.

Whats wrong with release keys Andy?

Nothing, sorry didn't make it clear. Use them to release the spring clips, but just don't pull on them to get the HU out as this can knacker the clips if the keys are properly engaged.