Which is best ?

Daytonapig

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, There seems to be conflicting info on which is the best way to use snowfoam so any opinions would be welcome.
Do i
1 Rinse car off
2 snowfoam (leave to do its job)
3 start 2 bucket wash (with snowfoam still on)
OR
Do i pressure wash the snowfoam and dirt off Before i start 2 bucket method?
Hope this makes sense ! Cheers

Reactions: ChivsBang
for me the benefit of snow foam is you get rid of the worst contaminents before you drag them around the paintwork. so i, hose the car down to cool the paint and wash general dirt off, snow foam, leave to do its thing, jet wash, then do 2 bucket wash.

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
for me the benefit of snow foam is you get rid of the worst contaminents before you drag them around the paintwork. so i, hose the car down to cool the paint and wash general dirt off, snow foam, leave to do its thing, jet wash, then do 2 bucket wash.
Thanks Chris, that makes sense to me :yes:

@Daytonapig - I always snow foam a dry car. This way you have a better chance of the SF staying on the car and doing its job
Leave the SF to dwell for a round 5 mins
Then PW off the SF
Then your 2BM shampoo

Reactions: AlexA4Avant, ChivsBang and batch
Often thought about this myself. Must try applying the SF first and see how it goes. I usually rinse the car first.

Degreaser, tar remover, wheel cleaner. Wait for a few.

Blast foam on paint and wheels, and wait a few more.

Scrub wheels while waiting.

Pressure wash.

Ready for soap and hand wash. Bucket with grit guard, soap with wax for smooth swamping with a very soft washing glove(sheep wool fex).

Quick detailer in the drying process with a good soft big *** microfiber towel.

The more particles you can remove before touching the better it is for avoiding swirls. I do mostly put products on dry paint as product will last longer(dont let it dry tho), it sheets of quickly with wet waxed paint. Unless its mid summer 30C and sunny of course.

I would never ever ever start scrubbing the paint with just a rinse and snowfoam without making sure it was all off. Unless it was a **** car who was never polished ofcourse.

Reactions: Daytonapig
Degreaser, tar remover, wheel cleaner. Wait for a few.

Blast foam on paint and wheels, and wait a few more.

Scrub wheels while waiting.

Pressure wash.

Ready for soap and hand wash. Bucket with grit guard, soap with wax for smooth swamping with a very soft washing glove(sheep wool fex).

Quick detailer in the drying process with a good soft big *** microfiber towel.

The more particles you can remove before touching the better it is for avoiding swirls. I do mostly put products on dry paint as product will last longer(dont let it dry tho), it sheets of quickly with wet waxed paint. Unless its mid summer 30C and sunny of course.

I would never ever ever start scrubbing the paint with just a rinse and snowfoam without making sure it was all off. Unless it was a **** car who was never polished ofcourse.
Thanks guys, As the S3 is new, i want to do everything i can to keep it looking good so much appreciated

Reactions: ChivsBang
Bristle Hound is spot on.
Always snow foam on a dry car or the foam will just slide off, it needs to sit on the paint and loosen the dirt.

As it loosens the dirt last thing you want is to start rubbing gritty foam around on your paintwork, so rinse well before washing.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Bristle Hound is spot on.
Always snow foam on a dry car or the foam will just slide off, it needs to sit on the paint and loosen the dirt.

As it loosens the dirt last thing you want is to start rubbing gritty foam around on your paintwork, so rinse well before washing.
Thanks for all the reply's, one more question while i'm on, has anyone any views on citrus pre wash(valet pro ) is the one i've seen. Wondered how this compared to snowfoam.
Many thanks