Which induction kit?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Hello again,

As some of you know i have just had my 07 S3 bluefined, but im also considering for an extra 5-10hp an induction kit or air intake.

Im not very clued up on this so if anyone could recommend a few different makes that would be suited to the S3 i would appreciate it. I actually had a BMC intake fitted into my old TT a few years ago and it did make a difference in power and the noise was also minimal as im not after something loud.

Thanks

Carbonio are very good, might be a little louder than you're after though.

These are the main things to think about:

Open induction Kits will give you a very nice inducation roar! However the cone is normally fitted close to the engine itself and this could have a negative effect as warm air produced from the engine will get sucked in, and this you don’t want. The colder the air is the denser it is. This equates to more air being sucked into the engine.

Shield Induction Kits is basically a open cone with a heat shield minimizing warm air induction.

Enclosed Induction Kits is a performance air filter inside an enclosed box with a direct air feed from the front bumper. This is the best solution and is the one you def want to go for. The induction noise will be louder then stock, but it will not be as dominant as an open kit. They also tend to be the most expensive choice.

Another thing to think about is the material the filter is made from.

Foam - Will give a deep roar
Cotton - Gives a higher pitched noise
Stainless Steel - Produces a turbo style whistle.

Check out BMC filters if you want quality and have cash to burn. They make boxes for F1 teams and will build you a custom box if you are willing to pay.

Thanks for the replies,

Im gonna e-mail BMC and see what they have to say, definately dont want something that reduces power

Johnnyb said:
Thanks for the replies,

Im gonna e-mail BMC and see what they have to say, definately dont want something that reduces power

what did the say? :ermm:

Hello,

They havent got back to me yet, so im gonna try send the e-mail again, i had a BMC filter for my old TT, it definately didnt reduce power, it gained a little and made the turbo alot louder