1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which grade of diesel for 1.6 TDI is best?

stevec1906 Sep 8, 2016

1. stevec1906

stevec1906 New Member

My wife has just bought a 1.6 TDI S Line Sportback and wants to know if she can use a premium diesel instead of the standard stuff? My car isn't supposed to run on it so we thought we'd ask what Audi stipulate. Does anyone know?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. john@3

john@3 Member

I use shell v-power nitro+ diesel or bp ultimate in my A3 1.6tdi sportback and have done for the past 15 months without any issues .

stevec1906 likes this.
  4. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left. Team Ibis Audi S3 quattro Sportback S tronic

I doesn't make any difference what so ever. A test was carried out on premium/budget fuels and the results were negligible.
    I have ran diesel cars for over 25 years and I have tried different brands/grades,,,,, no difference :shrug:

5. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Standard diesel and 2 Stroke and even
    2- EHN !

6. Paul V.

Paul V. New Member

the fuel itself is the same among all companies, is the additives which differ and matters. From my personal experience( and opinion) Shell v-power nitro is the best alternative, and if you want to lubricate the injectors and keep your engine sweet, add about 1ml/litre of fuel of 2-stroke bike oil(preferable NOT synthetic) .