Which Fuel?

SRB93

S5 B9 Coupe - Glacier White
Reaction score
What fuel do you use and why?

Diesel because I have a diesel car :tearsofjoy:

Seriously, Shell regular diesel because it meets the requirements set by Audi. One to avoid is Morrison’s as it contains a lot of bio additives which affects the engine performance (as advised by an AA technician who is part of the Audi/VW Roadside Assistance)

I've been using normal petrol, I always used the high octane stuff in the S3 and if I had the S5 I would again.

I only put in Shell v power unless it’s an emergency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99 RON looks like the norm on the S5 then :)

If you live near a Costco with a fuel station they also do 99 RON. I used Shell Vpower in the S3, but then changed to Costco fuel when it opened near me, no problems and it made no difference to performance etc.
https://warehouses.costco.co.uk/fuel/

I have a good choice around me which are all fairly close and provide 99+; BP, Esso, Tesco, Shell and possibly Texaco. I will just swap between them and see the marginal differences if any.

Reactions: S32B
Just normal 95 for me, dont see the point in premium as I have enough power and it already costs me loads to fill up as it is! :D

Reactions: RichardMMM, Flosman and S32B
Somewhat related to the topic ... how big is the S5 fuel tank? 55 litre? 65 litre?

She’ll v-power if I’m at work and need fuel if at home then it’s momentum 99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SRB93
Diesel because I have a diesel car :tearsofjoy:

Seriously, Shell regular diesel because it meets the requirements set by Audi. One to avoid is Morrison’s as it contains a lot of bio additives which affects the engine performance (as advised by an AA technician who is part of the Audi/VW Roadside Assistance)
Very useful to know, my nearest garage is a Morrison and I was going to go there, thankfully my next nearest is a Shell, so I think that'll become my regular stop now.

Very useful to know, my nearest garage is a Morrison and I was going to go there, thankfully my next nearest is a Shell, so I think that'll become my regular stop now.

Do make sure to get Shell Drivers card so you get some vouchers for fuel over time. It's not a lot but can add up depending on how much you fill up.

Reactions: Phil Cruickshank

Shell tends to be my station of choice most times and no issues to date.

MMm.. I'd be screwed, we only got Tesco, Sainsbury's and BP nearby.

I only use supermarket petrol but I have only been using their super unleaded for a while now.

Tesco 99 RON - cheaper than BP / Shell equivalent and always been good on performance and mpg.

Agree re comments on Morrison’s - both petrol and diesel give noticeably worse performance and fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tesco 99 RON - cheaper than BP / Shell equivalent and always been good on performance and mpg.

Agree re comments on Morrison’s - both petrol and diesel give noticeably worse performance and fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used Tesco 99 last month, and it's been the only fuel to give me at least two weeks of driving on a tank in my S5.