Which downpipe should I buy?

kamilo

Reaction score
Hello!
I just started modifying my car (stg1, 475HP) and I am preparing for stage2. I decided to go with wagner IC, but I don't know what DP to choose. What do you recommend, or not?

Milltek? Bull-X? APR? Scorpion? Iroz (shipping to Europe is really expensive though :/)
Or what do you think in general about going with some local company? "hand made" parts

I am also wondering about pipes diameter, the bigger the better/louder?
I am planning in the future to go stg3 with some hybrid turbo, maybe big turbo, does it change anything?

Cheers

I’ve got milltek, as cr4p and sh1t there backbox was I’ve had absolutely no issues with there downpipe. Sounds great too

Reactions: FBF01
Milltek here too. Good fit and no complaints.

On the FL, changing the downpipe from the factory unit will introduce more wastegate noise...

Hello!
I just started modifying my car (stg1, 475HP) and I am preparing for stage2. I decided to go with wagner IC, but I don't know what DP to choose. What do you recommend, or not?

Milltek? Bull-X? APR? Scorpion? Iroz (shipping to Europe is really expensive though :/)
Or what do you think in general about going with some local company? "hand made" parts

I am also wondering about pipes diameter, the bigger the better/louder?
I am planning in the future to go stg3 with some hybrid turbo, maybe big turbo, does it change anything?

Cheers

Why not BCS? If i go down this route, of which I’m very tempted to, it’s a no brainier for me. 810 inc VAT according to recent correspondence.

https://www.powervalve.co.uk/

I do not recommend the decat. Too much noise and also not pleasant. Better to use a 200 cell cat. I have the Miltek and I feel good. The welds are not beautiful but it costs very little.

Yeah I have FL car, I also heard about wastegate issues and that's worrying, especially that DP with cat doesn't fully solve the problem.
Someone posted that DP + midpipes with HJS cats do solve the problem, but that's quite expensive setup.
For example Bull-X charges 1.249,00 EUR for mid pipes with sport catalyst by HJS.

Damn... so much options to choose, some people say catless DP is fine, some say it sounds broken. Gonna be hard choice :)

I have Scorpion together with their sports cat second pipes. No problems with them so far. I have 18 months before our local mot equivalent, so only hope they pass emission tests.
Are they any better? I do not know. Not sure anyone knows which is best.
The only reason I chose Scorpion is that I liked the idea that the downpipe branched into two separate pipes immediately leaving the turbo. This in theory might contribute to releasing back pressure. I am by no means an expert though!

Yeah I have FL car, I also heard about wastegate issues and that's worrying, especially that DP with cat doesn't fully solve the problem.
Someone posted that DP + midpipes with HJS cats do solve the problem, but that's quite expensive setup.
For example Bull-X charges 1.249,00 EUR for mid pipes with sport catalyst by HJS.

Damn... so much options to choose, some people say catless DP is fine, some say it sounds broken. Gonna be hard choice :)
i have a millet DP and decal and i have the dreaded ticking !!! sounds awful. on full chat the car is 10/10 mad max loud and mean but low rev under load have a terrible ticking. im trying to fix the problem but having my stage 2/3 tune this week then see how it sounds..

i have a millet DP and decal and i have the dreaded ticking !!! sounds awful. on full chat the car is 10/10 mad max loud and mean but low rev under load have a terrible ticking. im trying to fix the problem but having my stage 2/3 tune this week then see how it sounds..

If your getting a stage 3 tune which means changing the turbo then you will sort it

You can go stage3 with hybrid turbo, which unfortunatetely won't solve the issue

had my stage 2 and dead happy. got 515.. going to explore possible options to solve the tick..

Reactions: FBF01
If I go this route then BCS / Powervalve would be my first choice - used in the past and great designed and made products.

Having this dilemma now, which route is best for just stage 2?