1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Which diverter valve?

Chrismawa May 21, 2020 at 11:56 PM

1. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member Audi A4 S-line owners group

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. can31

can31 Member

Hello, the second one revD, piston type.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Chrismawa likes this.
  4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

That's good news your getting the car tip top, it will pay off in the long run.:icon thumright:

On the DV front, only one really an that's the Rev " G " , I've tried all off them an "G" is by far the best, you may need to replace it after another 30-40k miles but worth the few pounds.

happy days.

Chrismawa likes this.
  5. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

It's not allways about being the latest rev part.:whistle2:

6. Chrismawa

Chrismawa Active Member Audi A4 S-line owners group

Thanks guys. After a bit of further reading I've just stuck with the originial "G" part for now.

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    I'm Just Rob. likes this.
  7. can31

can31 Member

Don't use the membrane type, it will rupture...

8. I'm Just Rob.

Personal choice really, the Rev G is a much better unit, lifespan is shorter than the piston rev valve but performance is better, just replace it every 30-40k miles.

9. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

I have the DV+, has anyone tried it?

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

10. can31

can31 Member

It is needed if you have bigger turbo than the oem one like k03.

11. I'm Just Rob.

Oem fitment upto 300 it is fine

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

It will do? Will it not?
    I kinda like the sound of it.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

14. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

Ive got the gfb dv+ after having a faulty oem part i haven't had any issues with it at all as long as its not there stupid blow off valve one then your be fine.

15. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

No its the regular one, but it does make some sounds

16. Ricky Burrows

Ricky Burrows Well-Known Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

I never noticed any sound difference with mine but saying that mine was already faulty so sounded like a toned down version of the ecs induction kit

17. can31

can31 Member

Do you know what is the purpose of the dv? What sound difference...

18. I'm Just Rob.

Unless you guys are using a vent to atmosphere blow off valve you wont's hear a great deal to behonest.
    Maybe a very slight increase if your using a very open induction setup but otherwise just a normal turbo sound, sorry to be a party pooper.

Donfero likes this.
  19. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

In that case the sound is coming out of the induction kit.

Ricky Burrows likes this.
  20. I'm Just Rob.

Very possibly, when the stock dv opens it lets the pressure vent back into the intake system, if one is using a very open induction or intake systems that vent sound maybe more apparent due to the nature of the less restricted air filter /air filter box and or intake setup.
    Not much will be heard from the oem setup because of the very effective airbox , ripout the airbox sound proofing material and it is a bit more apperent but not really that much.

Donfero likes this.
  21. Ricky Burrows

I had my dv+ on before the induction kit and didn't notice any noise from the turbo or valve, once the induction kit was on though everything changed i get more of a stu tu tu noise when building boost and suddenly letting off due to fact the dv is recirculating rather than open as the air gets trapped because the turbo still spins after the throttle suddenly closes which causes the stu tu tu noise, intercoolers can also make that noise louder but a recirculating valve wont make a difference in sound alone as its juts mimicking an oem part, your need induction kit, intercooler, bigger turbo ect, plus your lose that stu tu tu sound with a bov and who in there right mind would want to lose that over pshhhhh.

Donfero and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  22. I'm Just Rob.

I like your sound effects Ricky, stu tu tu & pshhhhh , excellent.:yes:

23. I'm Just Rob.

As soon as you removed the oem airbox you will hear a lot more happening from the turbo, sound resonates a lot from the turbo and intake with induction kits and free flow cone type filters.

24. Ricky Burrows

Lol :icon thumright:

25. Donfero

Donfero Active Member

Turbo compressor surge, which sounds awesome but will shorten the turbos already short life.

26. Ricky Burrows

Thats always up for debate but in modern turbos its not an issue and wont cause any lifespan issues, the point of having any kind of turbo flutter means yours cars already modified so you can always say that modified engines would put a shorter lifespan on the turbo rather than the flutter itself.

Donfero likes this.