Which CRTD2 chip box?

GazWeavs

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm seriously thinking of adding a plug and play chip box but wanted to gauge opinions on 2 specifically - I've narrowed it down to either the RaceChip RS @£349 or TDI tunings box at £296? They appear to offer similar gains in power and economy with the TDI Tuning unit claiming slightly better results. I just wanted to ask if any other members have either fitted and what opinions are on them. I know I can spend more (around the £500 mark) but I don't want to spend that much yet or have a custom remap. I have warranty on the car so just want something I can take off at anytime if needed etc.
I know it's about personal choice but any advice or experiences would be appreciated to help me decide.
Many thanks,
Gaz

Might have more luck posting in the A6 section as it’s the same engine and a lot more people in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a DTUK box on my A7 245bhp Tdi up until 2 weeks ago, ran it for around 9 months on the A7.

It gave a good Mpg gain around 5mpg gain average using fuelly app, as your mpg computer will go well out of whack when u fit one, as for bhp mine was meant to give around 300bhp when fitted.. personally i recon it was around 270/275bhp..

I now have a WEST YORKSHIRE TUNING remap on my A7 and it dyno'd 305bhp and 672nm!!! And is night and day faster than when the box was fitted..

But my Mpg is now on par with standard figures I.E 38mpg with remap against 43mpg with DTUK box..

Millsy4002 - thanks for that, makes good sense so I will post in the A6 section too.

holmefield - thanks for your response, I am a little sceptical of the touted gains from the box manufacturers hence why I am asking members for real life experiences. I know a remap is the proper way to go and may do this in time when my warranty expires but in the meantime I will have to settle for a chip box or I may just do nothing.

Many thanks,
Gaz