Which coilovers...??

milli

Reaction score
Hi all, i have had a quick search on here but thought id ask which coilovers people have gone for and what is the ride like, pictures would also be helpful. Im looking for my A3 sportback

Dont want to go stupidly high on the price but would be willing to buy a decent set, would be more for looks than track use

Just a bit mate haha, worth it though, it's better than the threads saying "My JOM's/FK's are knocking.." Though which is the norm.

Too right, can't recommend mine enough.

Buy cheap, buy twice!

Looks good, how low on the thread are you in these pics? Also what size wheels are they as i will be going for 19's

all the way down possibly with half a turn left to go on the front, all the way down adjuster still in at the rear. 18's et45 225/40/18.

Best coilovers I've ever ridden on.

Whats the ride like with them that low on the coils? I had weitec coilovers on my old s3 and they were a nice ride not to bouncy at all

It's hard to explain really, controlled is probably the best word to use.

I had joms on my old a3 which bounced, skipped and jumped all over the road. Since then I dreaded going on coilovers hence why I initially had lowering springs on this a3.

It it then wasn't low enough and started to bounce after a while, so I decided to spend a bit of money on half decent coilovers.

After riding in my parents a3 sport which is standard, while on the joms I wish I'd never put them on because they were so uncomfortable however with the AP's I don't regret it at all. Most of the comfort is reduced by running 18's instead of 17's though.

A lot of people say the AP's aren't hard enough, which I can see and sometimes agree with, you probably wouldn't want to do a track day with them because they simply aren't hard enough. However, as a result of them not being hard enough they are perfect for every day use.