Which catback system? Need to hear!

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
Okay so I've decided the next thing I need is a full catback system. I want noise and lots of it, deeper the better, preferably with no drone on the motorway. Anyone in London with different exhausts I could come and listen to??

I've got res delete with the valves open (at the moment - may close them due to drone) if you want to have a listen, I'm just off M1 junction 6

I've got res delete with the valves open (at the moment - may close them due to drone) if you want to have a listen, I'm just off M1 junction 6
I've already got the res delete thanks mate! Looking for something bit more refined. I have pops and bangs mapped in and they just sound a bit tinny at the moment.

Oh right - valves open? Mine's pretty loud, especially with gearbox in S. Each to their own I guess lol

This is my milltek cat back. Non res non valved. This is it a couple of days old. Bit louder now after 9 months.

Oh right - valves open? Mine's pretty loud, especially with gearbox in S. Each to their own I guess lol
I had them open but it was too droney at higher speeds. Res delete is good cheap option but it doesnt beat a full system.

This is my milltek cat back. Non res non valved. This is it a couple of days old. Bit louder now after 9 months.

How is the drone without it being resonated? Do you have FL or PFL?

How is the drone without it being resonated? Do you have FL or PFL?
Pfl manual. Little bit of drone, but in a manual 70 is 2300rpm which I believe is way below autos. So easily liveable with. It's quite loud if you put your foot down from 3k upwards on acceleration. Which I'm very happy with.

Yeah my auto at 80 is almost 3000 rpm which is pretty loud, hence I may well close the valves

Yeah my auto at 80 is almost 3000 rpm which is pretty loud, hence I may well close the valves
Yup, my PFL I find too loud at those motorway speeds after res delete. Hence bought the awe system to open and close the valves, open everytime I get in car and only shut for motorways.

If I recall correctly, if I have the valves reactivated, changing modes in Drive Select changes the behaviour of the valves right? Comfort / efficiency modes cause the valves to close much more often than having it in dynamic / individual with exhaust set to sport (or whatever the setting is called)?

And obviously having the gearbox in sports mode would likewise cause more noise?