Which cat back system?

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
Looking to buy a catback system for my s3, want to get one thats still valved but unsure which brand to get and weather to go resonated or not....anyone gone down this road with any opinions?

Doesnt show prices for 8v on ther site, and can only find clips on youtube with sports cats
Drop @BCS Nige a message, prices are very reasonable given the quality of the product. Their Powervalve system is amazing by all accounts and I WILL be stumping up for DP with SportCat!

Drop @BCS Nige a message, prices are very reasonable given the quality of the product. Their Powervalve system is amazing by all accounts and I WILL be stumping up for DP with SportCat!

Wot does the powervalve part do then?
Do they do a cat back system with the powervalve?

Wot does the powervalve part do then?
Do they do a cat back system with the powervalve?
I believe so mate? It's a valved system like the standard one but boost-actuated. So you can trundle round quietly and unleash hell when you boot it!

I believe so mate? It's a valved system like the standard one but boost-actuated. So you can trundle round quietly and unleash hell when you boot it!

Wot about if you wanna boot it on the motorway quietly? Does it still close the valve if you was to put the car into compfort?

Go BCS, you won't be disappointed - a quick search on google of 'BCS Powervalve' will probably give you the best explanation as to how it works. But the valve opens and closes based on the amount of boost so driver modes (drive select) doesn't change the tone.

Go BCS, you won't be disappointed - a quick search on google of 'BCS Powervalve' will probably give you the best explanation as to how it works. But the valve opens and closes based on the amount of boost so driver modes (drive select) doesn't change the tone.

So potentially noisy on fast motorway trips?

A fast cruise at around 85-90mph noise levels are good, not as quiet as OEM (Currently BCS are making me revised resonator which may change things), as boost is not exceeding the point to open the valve (and make it loud) but small spurts of acceleration uphill theres an difference in noise levels but this may be due to the fact I have a smaller turbo than the S3's so it takes less acceleration for my car to open the valve.

Reason for a revised resonator is that around 55-70mph (always sitting at this speed through average speed cameras) I get an unwanted resonance/boom in the cabin. I haven't seen any S3/Golf R owners who have reported this issue so the assumption is its an issue specific to my engine variant (1.8 TFSI) and that S3/Golf R's are fine.

But for someone who spends a fair bit of time on the motorway I can understand why you ask. Any S3 owners out there who can report what their BCS system is like on the motorway? I'd like to know too!

My car is definitely quieter than my friends Mk7 Golf R with a non-res milltek cat-back I can certainly say that.

Sorry I could entirely help @24styles , just my 2p! Other than my slight issue its a fantastic system and would definitely recommend.

Reactions: 24styles
After seeing the top quality Scorpion setup at VAG Tuner with the revised resonator up front to keep the drone under control on motorways when cruising they'd be the ones getting my folding paper (credit card no's more like!!).

Reactions: pburv
After seeing the top quality Scorpion setup at VAG Tuner with the revised resonator up front to keep the drone under control on motorways when cruising they'd be the ones getting my folding paper (credit card no's more like!!).

How much are they if you dont mind me asking?

Reactions: Rob2k68
How much are they if you dont mind me asking?

Hope you can read sideways ! :-

IMG 0022

Well worth going to a show where they offer 20% show discount !!

Reactions: pburv
Awesome !! I'd be all over that but can't get up there anytime soon and the cars in on Friday for the DP to be fitted. Can I ask the reason for sale I guess your changing car ? Also what's the noise like inside the car compared to stock ? Lastly, what caused the scrape to the resonator does it sit low ? Cheers !!

Sure you could make a little road trip up this way
I am after swapping the car, so selling bits off ready.
Noise inside is obviously louder than standard but ok when taking it easy, it only turns up to 11 when its on boost.

The scrape on the resonator is off a huge speed bump at my local tip, that and the car is on springs

Sure you could make a little road trip up this way
I am after swapping the car, so selling bits off ready.
Noise inside is obviously louder than standard but ok when taking it easy, it only turns up to 11 when its on boost.

The scrape on the resonator is off a huge speed bump at my local tip, that and the car is on springs

Thanks for getting back to me - that is an amazing price !! ....

Quick question about the videos - are you sport cat down pipe or catless? Guess that will impact the sound a fair bit.

BCS 200 cell sports cat downpipe mate, I've currently got the standard cat back with the downpipe and it's very similar to standard just a touch more bass to it. So I could imagine the scorpion cat back on the standard downpipe to be only slightly quieter than them videos

BCS 200 cell sports cat downpipe mate, I've currently got the standard cat back with the downpipe and it's very similar to standard just a touch more bass to it. So I could imagine the scorpion cat back on the standard downpipe to be only slightly quieter than them videos
Wanna sell the DP?

I will be doing at some point but it'll be the last thing with it being awkward but haven't a clue when. So as of now sorry that's not for sale
Can I please have first refusal when you do? Ready and waiting! Might take the system as well beforehand.

I've been lookin a cat back for 2 years ago and I'cant decide yet. :(
I'm about Ego/Bull X but not enterly convinced.
I'm need to be quiet in cruising/eco mode for the highways and of course loud in dynamic.
I can't go for powervalve because I need a ECE approved system. Ego X is approved in resonated and no resonated ones but not sure how loud is in cabin in quiet mode.
:help:

many of our EEC based customers get there systems certified locally :yum:
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: Fiddie
I have an S3 8v DP and 200 cell cat on the shelf and ready to go - call me if you're interested.
Cheers
Nige
01744 610244