Which car shampoo/wax is safe to use wih the chrome work?

mehtaman

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering what products you all use to wash your car(s) and also also which ones are safe to use on the chrome.
I really do not want to end up with the 'milky' chrome on my newish car.

Cheers :)

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss is fine. It won't do anything for the chrome, since it does not have any petrochemical ingredients.

I'm currently using Britemax Cleanmax and have had no issues. Also used Chemical Guys Glossworkz shampoo, again no issues.

BH have you tried Carpro Reset? I'm picking some up tomorrow.
Got some but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

When I next wash the good ladys MINI JCW (which has had CarPro C.quartz Uk applied) I'm going to give it a try! :thumbs up:

Reactions: scotty76
Got some but haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

When I next wash the good ladys MINI JCW (which has had CarPro C.quartz Uk applied) I'm going to give it a try! :thumbs up:
Yep that's why I am getting it. Car has Cquartz Finest on it.

Is it wax safe sure with the citrus it would remove the lsp?
CG CW&G will strip you LSP if you don't use the correct dilute ratio, which if I remember from when I had it, is 6ml of shampoo per 10 litres of water
Don't forget CG CW&G this is full of gloss enhancers as polymers too

Reactions: manor13
Autofinesse Lather
DoDo Juice Born to Be Mild
Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II

All great shampoos and safe on brightwork & wax safe too

Thanks for all the info, i'll give Wolf's white satin a shot since that appears to be the least harmful.
Thanks for the link BH, £10 for 1L @PolishedBliss is a bargain, its up on eBay for £25 a litre!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, i'll give Wolf's white satin a shot since that appears to be the least harmful.
Thanks for the link BH, £10 for 1L @PolishedBliss is a bargain, its up on eBay for £25 a litre!
No probs :thumbs up:

Although its expensive Zymol Clear is my favourite, does not leave white drying marks should the shampoo dry before you can rinse it off.
Something very noticeable with colours like Sepang. Then any good quality wax (not polish) will protect your chrome.